Salmon Season 2013 – 2014

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 406 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 407 total)
  • Author

shark slayer
    Participant

nothing wrong with a 9lbe[list[/list]r fishon any salmon is a good salmon…well done snake was thinking about doing a boat mish at the mak but not sure..gonna grab a couple more then I’m gonna call it a day..got other fishing to do that keeps getting,put off due to salmon fever… :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

Off the mark for 2013/14 season. 8.5lber from Waimak mouth. Fin clipped fish from hatchery, thanks F&G.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi All, nice to see some good salmon pics coming up, well done to those on the board, im still stranded on the doughnut.
    Debating trying at Waimak round the mouth and surf etc, have only fished the actual river in the past, lowest point being Mackies, anything i need to know, assume waders and maybe a life jacket? How far out into the surf do you need to wade? Stay close to the river entrance? Also i only have a 7ft Shimano Nano, will this be up to the task for casting distance, guessing ill be slinging some bigger weights and more ticers than zedes etc.
    Any advice is appreciated, i would dearly love to post a successful pic, ha. Cheers

burkefish
    Participant

will need waders, rod fine, use 28gm zeds or ticers. watch what the others do there and you will be fine. was down there the other day noticed a lot of stirred up sand on the north side close in. need to fish top of the out going tide.

yellowfin
    Participant

Superb! Thanks burkefish, ill hope to give that a go then. I have the gears so might as well try it out. Top of the out going tide is not all bad for later this week after work either, bonus. Appreciate the advice, its great to have this resource to ask rather than struggle away in vain! ha.

snake
    Participant

samjvdl

yellowfin
    Participant

Got my 4th salmon of the season at the rangitata gorge on Friday morning it was 8lb. It looks like they are spread throughout the rivers now.

snake
    Participant

picked up one last night on the mak,seems quite at the moment,with alot of 9 lbers

jamie
    Participant

liamg8nz

yellowfin
    Participant

Has anyone tried fishing the Woodstock hole yet, and can you still park up the top of the hill and climb down the track to the hole?

burkefish
    Participant

a 20lb fish taken at macintoshs this morning along with 3or 4 others to midday.

shark slayer
    Participant

nice to hear of a fish that size..well done to that person..gonna try my luck this weekend me thinks

shark slayer
    Participant

went out this eve..after 20 mins got hit just behind the wave but didn’t strike like an idiot being half asleep from work..but it woke me up and the next hit ten casts later hooked up..I was just landing a nice wee 8 odd lb fish when a forum member showed up..a few casts later got a kahawai then not long after that hooked a really good Sammy..after 6 or seven blistering runs hot it right in the wash close to me..was to busy talking and let it have some slack..off it went..fuck!..just after greeneman asked me how many bag limits I had got haha oh well that’s fishing..disappointing but I’m on the board for the weekend…looked to be 17 plus…nice to meet you greeneman :grin:

yellowfin
    Participant

jamie

yellowfin
    Participant

shark slayer

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members