Salmon Season 2013 – 2014

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 406 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 407 total)
  • Author

shark slayer
    Participant

cheers burkefish I will try my best to get a photo up it’s the best conditioned salmon I have seen in a long time…massive tail :grin:

snake
    Participant

shark slayer

shark slayer
    Participant

saw that fish snake…don’t know if you saw mine…11 fish before mid day that’s good…was gonna hang around and try for another one but one is enough..did Frank the Samoan get any??

snake
    Participant

not that I saw,he jumped onto his kayak and fished north side until we left.before that fished next to him, nice friendly guy.

snake
    Participant

dont worry we saw it alright,looked a beauty for sure.

burkefish
    Participant

seems like the mak is starting to move -same time as last year. 10 fish yesterday, 8 so far today to 11.45am.

shark slayer
    Participant

yea I think it’s gonna start getting alot better burkefish..always does at this time of the season…any size to the fish taken at the mak?

Anonymous

Hurunui fishing okay. Lost 1 this morning, mate also lost a foul hooked one… took him for a ride!
    Saw about 4 – 5 caught for the morning with a decent one on the south side.

Looks like the waimak has had a few runs in the last couple of days too!

burkefish
    Participant

size wise seems better ,12,14 16+. me lost another fish today looked good size from 4metres away . don’t know if its the new rod or my reaction time has slowed. seem to be just nipping the end of the spinner. will strike harder next time hopefully tomorrow morning. have lost 3 this week the only plus is that I’m finally hooking fish.

yellowfin
    Participant

landed one at mackies today, just a wee 9 pounder by the white post,… 13 today I believe

yellowfin
    Participant

Assume the fishing is better at mackies on the incoming tide still? Seems when I don’t go down its a good day! Ha. Well enjoy today team, I’m painting a window! Tight lines.

snake
    Participant

fished mackies today from 7 to midday,saw two on rocks and one for us on boat.weight went 13 lbs

mat
    Participant

first one in five years
    taken from opihi today 10 pounds

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice fish man! Rangi was a waste of time few fish taken but north side would have been the go.

shark slayer
    Participant

nice looking fish mate..well done.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members