Salmon Season 2013 – 2014

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 406 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 407 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi Guys, I am just letting you know a mate has started “NZ salmon fishing reports” on Facebook. He gets info from fish and game and other sources about the salmon conditions. Its quite handy.

hookusup
    Participant

There havn’t been many caught on the west coast yet,Hopfully soon

burkefish
    Participant

saw 1 salmon caught on a boat at macintoshs this morning. caught a small about 2lb searun, it was very happy when I released it. searun seem to have taken a liking to a new patterned zed I painted up, twice have picked up trout on first cast using it. might have to paint up some trout lures in that pattern.

shark slayer
    Participant

thanks for the update burkefish..may get the boat out sometime soon..whats it like down there did we get any rain up the back yesterday?

shark slayer
    Participant

to answer my own question we sure did…rakaia over 400 at the moment…its starting to get annoying :x

shark slayer
    Participant

just drove over the mak..river clearing..good trout water down there today..hopefully next week is a go for the boat..got some foul weather coming thursday friday..i like fishing in the rain but not 40 knots of southwest and pissing rain..geeez!!

burkefish
    Participant

doesn’t stop the fish, some of my best salmon catches have been in howling southerlies. mak 91cum at 11.30am, will be out there tomorrow.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yup the mak doesn’t look half bad to be honest

yellowfin
    Participant

Wheres the mak? Lol all i can find is the orari opihi and rangitata i have no clue where this mythical mak is lol

burkefish
    Participant

waimakiri, north of Christchurch- the most fished river in the country.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Was down the Opihi for a few hours after work this evening, Only one Salmon taken looked around 12lb. managed to foul hook a big Flounder myself.

yellowfin
    Participant

burkefish

shark slayer
    Participant

Temuka hill billy…yeee hawww!

Anonymous

We counted over 60 fishermen between the Waimak sh1 bridge and the mouth yesterday evening. Only saw 1 searun caught! So… where’s these elusive salmon? Maybe they’ve become too smart for us – good on them! :lol:

Participant

Damn thats a shit load of fisherman boon…
    Saw three caught down mackys this morning in a space of ten minutes, 1 in boat,1 in jeffs bay,1 south side kaiapoi…

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members