salmon season 2012-13

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 668 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

A lovely 19lber taken this evening, the fish are so deep and thick across the back this season….“>

yellowfin
    Participant

Good work there Kev

kbel
    Participant

Nothing doing at MacIntoshes Rocks early this morning up till 8.00am.

yellowfin
    Participant

13lber caught this morning up the Waimakariri River

yellowfin
    Participant

good fish man

yellowfin
    Participant

yes, good fish kris..ive got 3 this season but im gonna have salmon fever for the next 8 days till my next days off work… oh well hopefully ill ill one on my next days off

yellowfin
    Participant

FishOn

yellowfin
    Participant

nah no pics from me… that’s one thing I have never bothered chucking into my fishing bag… maybe I should get one so I can from now on :?: , xmas day cant some soon enough so I can get out fishing again, bugga the xmas lunch :!:

yellowfin
    Participant
    Stufish
    Participant

Beautiful fish mate well done. Still trying for my first this season

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

I finally got the monkey off my back today. Only a little fish at 8 lb but good to get one after blanking last season, stoked as!

Stufish
    Participant

Was that from Macs rocks? but glad you finally scored one they all count :)

yellowfin
    Participant

I have lost 3 fish now, getting a little angry, I’m hoping to get this so call “Monkey” off my back before the new year rolls over. I wish these fish weren’t so hard to come by down in Dunedin.

If I drive up to fish the Rakaia or Rangi over January 1st and 2nd is there anyone who would like to join me so I can get a little local knowledge, or at least point me in the direction of access to some good pools salmon are holding up in?

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

I got it in the Rakaia gut. It’s flowing really fast so quite hard to fish. I didn’t see anything else caught at the mouth this morning.

Jezza, I don’t really fish up river so don’t know any good holes this year in the Rakaia. The mouth seems to be better on the north side but you need a bike coz it’s flowing out right at the south end atm. If you have hooked three so far you are doing better than many others, ones gotta stick eventually. I hooked/fouled and dropped three myself this season so even the wee fish was great to see on the kitchen bench!

yellowfin
    Participant

Went upriver on the Hurunui camping for Xmas. Got there on Xmas Eve late afternoon. Got the camp set up and had dinner, then wife said go and catch a salmon for Xmas lunch. Caught this just opposite the camp after 10mins spin fishing on my trout rod. Small but tasty, hot smoked it and ate it for the next 3 days after putting in the chilly bin with the ice bottles.

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 668 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.