salmon season 2012-13

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 668 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

This year I’m using 20lb on the heavy rod and 12lb on my light outfit mate

yellowfin
    Participant

good fishing in that hole, had 3 out of that same piece of water myself, back up fishing the Hurunui for a while. Rakaia river on its way down in a fresh :mad: :mad:

Participant

Well done kev,nice salmon m8 you will be stoked with how the seasons started for you …

yellowfin
    Participant

Cheers mate,yeah it has been really good, easily the biggest november run since the 90s, the mak will go off this year!!

Stufish
    Participant

8) Very nice fish Kev and great vid with some gr8t useful info on how to fish up stream and nice shots on how to retrieve lure. Stocked up today on lures from the Loft. Well done keep the vids coming when you can. Tight lines

yellowfin
    Participant

Cheers mate, I will try my best :)

yellowfin
    Participant

I hope your right about the Mak Kev, That’s the only river I have caught Salmon. Kev have you had much success in the middle reaches of the Mak for Salmon?

Participant

Yeh kev been alot more bigger fish around too…. They had a good run of fish at mackies recently.. myself 1st day out salmon fishing on sunday went down the mouth (away from the crowds at mackies) managed to snag one myself …

yellowfin
    Participant

@subjohn, I’ve only fished the middle reaches of the mak twice mate managing to catch one. It’s nice to see fish in the mak so early, has to be a good sign justfishing!!

yellowfin
    Participant
    yellowfin
    Participant

Lovely fish mate

Participant

Shit the salmon are in good nick this season .. beaut fish Kris

yellowfin
    Participant

nice fish Kris, may we ask which river

yellowfin
    Participant

In the waimak, Mak rocks, cheers :)

burkefish
    Participant

mak looks like it might be fishable tomorrow, unfortunately i will be moving back into our house after repairs. might get out wed but have finishing painting that eqc won’t do. maybe 2 hrs painting and 4 hrs fishing will work?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 668 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.