salmon season 2012-13

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 668 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

few salmon starting to show now in mak heard few reports through work rangi has also been fishing well

Stufish
    Participant

Hi everyone, can anyone tell me where the mouth of Rakaia is sitting at the moment ? And anymore news on any action at Wiamak ?
    Cheers and tight lines this weekend

Gofish270
    Participant

Mouth is on the south side. About 15 mins walk, depending on where you park. Last week there was a long spit running north, not very user friendly except around low tide.

Stufish
    Participant

Thanks for that Gofish

burkefish
    Participant

a 25 lb and 14 lb salmon caught at McIntoshs this morning.

yellowfin
    Participant

Good too hear of a few fish around, Heard someone got 4 fish in two hours on the kaia the other day, , Will get my licence sorted sometime soon, try get into one myself

yellowfin
    Participant

Hey guys, it has been a great start to the season, 4 good fish so far with 3 being 20lb or more http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/542/001wi.jpg/

yellowfin
    Participant
    burkefish
    Participant

tally for McIntoshs this weekend that I know of- 5 saturday, 3 sunday. at lest two over 20lb. will have a go tomorrow afternoon. also heard of some taken at the rakaia mouth.

yellowfin
    Participant

Good work Kev! Nice to see you in amongst the salmon. Went down to McIntoshes on sat afternoon for a quick flick, saw one caught which brought the days tally to 8 as far as i know. Hopefully a good season on the way

Stufish
    Participant

Lovely fish Kevo85 Which river? I have had knee op and so so looking forward to the chase hopefully from mid week I’ll be havein a crack . Rather fish the mouths but looks like I,ll be sittng on rocks at Mc’s for a first part of season.

yellowfin
    Participant

All my fish have been from the middle reaches of the rakaia mate

yellowfin
    Participant

A nice fish from this morning, 16.5lbs “>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

yellowfin
    Participant
    yellowfin
    Participant

Nice fish Kev. What weight line do you use for up riiver Salmon?? Don’t want to go too heavy but would hate to hook up and get snapped off!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 668 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.