salmon season 2012-13

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 668 total)
  • Author
    burkefish
    Participant

2 on the rocks, 2 in a boat and 1 lost on the point. saw a few splashing around to 1.45pm today. would like to be there tomorrow but fin clipping this weekend, 90,000 to do.

yellowfin
    Participant

Salmon fishing with my workmate after work last night,middle reaches in the Waimak,
    Feisty 11lb Jack…5/4/13

http://youtu.be/H2Fi7IUnmgE

burkefish
    Participant

have been informed 5 fish caught at macintoshs to 3pm today. 2 on rocks,2 in boats and 1 on the point with another lost. haven’t been out this weekend, spent yesterday helping to fin clip 55,000 smolt. couldn’t go today as worked last night. looking forward to helping to clip 60,000 next weekend at montrose. meanwhile hope to fish everyday this week. good to see Leon has finally got a fish after nearly 2 years of trying well done- told you it would happen.

burkefish
    Participant

4 fish at macintoshs to 1.30pm. 2 rocks, 1boat and 1 point, which i was lucky enough to latch on to, a 12lb jack. a few lage ky around fight like salmon had to tell what you have as they are not jumping. the last one i released would have been 8 lb, wouldn’t come off the bottom and did a few long runs, a lot of fun.

HIPP
    Participant

cool, well done…..I havent been out for a few days now, too dark at night now after work…reduced to days off and sundays after work, good to hear they are still coming through., cheers, Hipp

burkefish
    Participant

fish still around, even saw a couple porpoise today. was told 2 on the rocks and apparently one or two at the mouth. there were 2 onthe point along with a large foulhooked one safely released and 1 broken off, a boat had a good fish on for a long time before it was lost. not as many ky today.

sorearm
    Participant

fished at gorge today water was clear as.from up top could see about a hundred trout and one big salmon which wasn’t muckin round

burkefish
    Participant

a few fish around today, unfortunately not on the point. saw possibly 3 or 4 on rocks in amongst the ky being caught, 1 in a boat. plenty of ky some quite large. great weather for april out there. be our turn tomorrow.

burkefish
    Participant

1 on the rocks, 2lost on point and 1 large mature jack foulhooked. the 2 lost were fresh fish, so still 1or2 coming through. still large ky chasing bait fish around. there was a small run lasting from the 14april last year for 2 weeks, interesting to see if it happens this year- were mainly kaiapoi fish.

yellowfin
    Participant

i was on the point yesterday for a few hours as the tide went out. didnt see any caught from the rocks, there were about 6 ky caught at the point and i was lucky enough to land a nice salmon estimated to be about 20 lbs. i didnt see it but while i was bringing my fish in another salmon was caught in a boat. a big thanks to anyone that helped with my fish.

yellowfin
    Participant

Caught this arvo middle reaches, Waimak 11lber

burkefish
    Participant

spent the day with a group of salmon anglers and their families finclipping at montrose-did about 73,000. had a look at the trap, about 60 fish in it so far. some are or were when they came into the river well over 30lb- amazing sight. makes all the effort by F&G and the volunteers worthwhile.

burkefish
    Participant

a lot of ky still around but in amonst them on the point today were 2 fresh run salmon- 14.5lb and 22.5 lb. good fish to mike and wayne. saw 1 or 2 more so there are still fish coming in.

burkefish
    Participant

1 fish off the point today, i was luky enough to get a 14.3lb jack fresh run.

HIPP
    Participant

Well done burkfish, and thank you for your continuing reports, I hope to get back out Thursday late afternoon or the weekend. Cheers, Hipp

Viewing 15 posts - 631 through 645 (of 668 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.