salmon season 2012-13

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 668 total)
  • Author
    HIPP
    Participant

Im just back from the gorge yet again,no fish sighted….
    water level has dropped a little from yesterday and the river is a nice green colour, it wont take long to being crystal clear again! get out there tomorrow, I cant make it tomorrow, so you can be sure it will be a great day on the river lol, good luck to all, cheers, Hipp

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Cheers for the update HIPP, might go for a look tomorrow evening, probably not as far up as you fish tho.

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Took the boat out to Mackies tonight. Fished from 6.45 til about 7.45. Saw some fish but no takers between the 3 of us so went up river and did some spins in the jet boat to kill my boredom :shock:

burkefish
    Participant

16 fish at macintoshs between 1.30pm and 6.30pm. the boats caught the most. a couple looked around 20 lb. all 3 areas got fish.

yellowfin
    Participant

My work mate got his limit this evening upper reaches of the Mak,

the plug
    Participant

Upriver this morning, the river is now crystal clear again. Didn’t see anything where I was (apart from the remnants of an old salmon carcass) but talked to another fisherman that had lost one and seen a few others heading up.

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

bradicle

HIPP
    Participant

Fished the Gorge again last night, a few more there with lines in the water now, but still no sign of a fish when i left at 7 pm…crystal clear again and falling in volume…..you guys that are fishing upper reaches….what do you call upper reaches? above ofr below the Gorge?…..in other words, are they slipping past me yet:), Cheers, Hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

The 1st set of pylons coming from the highway bridge, I’ve heard that another guy got his limit the other night as well.

burkefish
    Participant

11 fish taken at macintoshs to 12.15pm today.

yellowfin
    Participant

Ill be fishing my way up to Christchurch again this weekend. might have to fish the Waimak again on Monday before I go home. :)

HIPP
    Participant

Thanks kris, phew, so still below me, thats good:)…fished the gorge again to night just an hour and ahalf before dark, nothing sighted,river dropping still…..cant fish tomorrow…its bound to be a cracker…roll on sunday, cheers, Hipp

burkefish
    Participant

judging by the immaturity of the fish being caught it looks like we will have an extended season. very fresh fish coming in and they are real scrappers.been a good weekend.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi Burkefish – any good sized ones taken on the week end? Most we saw seemed to be in the 10 – 14lb bracket.

burkefish
    Participant

a couple were in the 17-18lb range, 1 really large one was lost the guy couldn’t stop it. these smaller fish are turning out to be real fighters, stripping 60+ metres in run, the krill seems to give them more energy. noticed the flesh colour is almost red. 13 at macintoshs to 2.30pm today, all areas got fish.

Viewing 15 posts - 586 through 600 (of 668 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.