salmon season 2012-13

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 668 total)
  • Author
    bradicle
    Participant

Is that johnny Maine ?

yellowfin
    Participant

what tides are fish being caught on at the waimak mouth recently

also what about rakaia mouth, anyone heard how thats doing in the last day or two?

yellowfin
    Participant

kevo85

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

bradicle

Anonymous
    Inactive

Check this beauty out: the river is still looking good. Might go a bit brown tonight…

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Man there’s been some good fish this season, well done boon.

HIPP
    Participant

Nice fish Boon….Im just back from the Waimak Gorge, shes got a bit of colour in it, still debateably fishable, shes up a couple of feet or so…no fish sighted, I was there for about an hour and a half and the level didnt change while I was there…..looking forward to the next week or so:), cheers, Hipp

yellowfin
    Participant

After many years trying and getting closer, lost 2 last year and 1 a week or so ago, I finally got myself a Salmon! Taken on (or just before) low tide at the Banana Hole this evening. I gave my trusty old SpinFocus GK4500 reel a good service, put Yo-Zuri Hybrid Super Soft line on it for the first time (I’ve loved this line on my Trout gear for a few of years) and its obviously done the trick. It screamed, ran and pulled superbly to bring the fish in – and netted with deft skill by Gunner Coops. Weighed in at 19lb.

burkefish
    Participant

well done, great fish. first one always seems to be the hardest to catch, next often comes very quickly maybe a lot of the tension has gone.

Stufish
    Participant

Some great condition fish being caught… keep the pics coming. My bro was south side Waimak mouth yesterday and land a 28 lber as you can imagine he is rather pleased and will never let me forget it as my one Saturday was a whooping 8 lb lol.

Stufish
    Participant

kevo85

HIPP
    Participant

Congratulations onyour first Salmon Grumpy Gel, awsome.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hi guys, thanks for the comments – I’m just beginning to come down off the high. Not wishing to take this off topic, but have people noticed that there is a growing amount of discarded fishing line just laying around on the banks of the Waimak? I’m getting really angry and will have to get a coat with bigger pockets to collect all this stuff if it doesn’t get any better. Not sure what F&G can do but its appaling at the mo.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Great 1st fish GrumpyGel. Well Done ! As for the rubbish . . . Your so right ! Everytime i turn up at the river i pickup a shopping bag full of other pep’s just so I’ve got a clean area to fish in. One afternoon i turned up to find what looked like aleast six peps Maca’s lunch rubbish disgarded along the riverbank . . . They had even gone to the trouble of jamming some of it down into the rocks . . . (Lol guess they didnt want it to blow away)

midget
    Participant

Hi All
    is the river still fishable at Mak’s or to dirty after the rain? Thinking of going down in the morning tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 571 through 585 (of 668 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.