salmon season 2012-13

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 668 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I would say there was at least 17 taken at the mouth, the sth side had it’s best day to date with at least 6 fish taken that i know of, a couple taken at high tide over there.

Participant

Well done to the young lad larry hes a good wee fisherman that boy.did he get it on one of your lures ? … just poped down to waimak road bridges for nose over a dozen vehicles parked up by old bridge.. Spot where the fish are being caught :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

kevo85

burkefish
    Participant

acording to f&g doc could be relocating sammie this week.

HIPP
    Participant

I have fished a bit at the waimak gorge and and below, with no fish seen at all as yet, The reports from the mouth have been of good numbers seen and caught for over a week now, but I still havent seen a fish up higher yet….Ill keep at it. well done to all those further down the river and for your reports, Ill let you know when I see or hear of them up my way, cheers, Hipp

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

I’d be keen to hear when they show up up river HIPP. I haven’t jet boated up there yet and could mix a short trip with a few hours casting.

yellowfin
    Participant

i was at the banana till just after 12 today. i dont know how it went further down from me but where i was one guy got his limit bag and me and another guy hooked and lost one each. pretty gutted as that still leaves me on a big fat donut but i’ll be back for more fustrating but enjoyable fishing.

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Finally worked out how to post pics ! Here’s my 12lber from yesterday :)

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

A nice 15lber my mate got from Mackies last Sunday. I got fed up not catching anything so we went for a hoon up river and found some quiet water to park up to get a pic and clean the fish.

Subjohn’s 19.5lb from last Saturday, he’s still grinning today :grin:

I pulled this one out of the Rakaia gut on the 28th of December. Thought it was a half decent searun until I skull dragged it onto the bank and realized it was a little salmon. It weighed 8lb and tasted better than any other salmon I’ve eaten.

yellowfin
    Participant

A lovely 18lber I nailed today on the push..about 30 taken all up, give or take 1-2 “>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Nice fish kevo, what’s your talley at for the season now ? Must be close to double figures.

burkefish
    Participant

been informed that fish were caught at the pylons saturday and by the old bridge as well the usual spots lower down, seems to have been a good weekend allround, great to see. rainfall at the pass27.5 to 7pm. will need alot to put colour into the river after being dry for 5 weeks.

HIPP
    Participant

Some nice fish there fellas,
    I fished the Waimak Gorge again late afternoon till dusk, nothing seen, hooked my first fish on the new rod and fisrt fish on braid….well, I think I was a bit keen with my strike and just about pulled its lips off, the trout, lept klean out of the water and through the hook, it must have been a bit shocked or sore as it flipped around a few times and lept clean out of the water again, all in quick sucession lol, so glad I got to get a bit of the feel for braid and the new rod on a trout rather than wasting an oppotunity on a salmon…..Ill be back up there tonight, when I left the river was at the same level and no colour at that time, though could be diferant now,. cheers, Hipp

Stufish
    Participant

kevo85

yellowfin
    Participant

Hahaha, I thought the dude in the shorts was being a bit brave, I was soaked also as I put a hole in my waders yesterday morning!!

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 668 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.