salmon season 2012-13

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 668 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Greeneman

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah it was marginal yesterday justfishing, but as you know perfect today :smile: an 11lber from today <a href="“>

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Participant

Well done kev you on a roll now m8 lol approx 15 caught at mouth today

yellowfin
    Participant

I wouldn’t describe it as a roll just yet mate, but at least the wheels have started to move :roll:

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Good luck to all who are entering the comp tomorrow. Should be a great day at the river and with plenty of metal hitting the water hopefully plenty of fish weighed in.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I too would like to wish Good Luck and Tight Lines to everybody for tomorrow. Would of loved to be there but have to work after having the week off. Water was running a lot clearer today so should be a real cracker tomorrow ! As a newcomer to this fabulous sport I would like to take this opportunity to say a Big THANK YOU to all the friendly and very helpfully people (even the grumpy one’s lol) I have met on the river these past few weeks. Started the week getting a bag limit (11 & 14lb) a 15lb today (and I dropped one too) to finish the week. Been a fantastic week and all your advise and knowledge has been well received and very much appreciated ! Cheers Guys

yellowfin
    Participant

Heres a vid from a bit of mackies action from over the last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjCtor5vn7U
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjCtor5vn7U

yellowfin
    Participant

Great stuff Tom..Scotts fish was a real beaut aye :wink:

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Had a great day on the Waimak today for the comp. Met the boys at 4.40am at the ramp and got the boat in the drink early. There were only four others out so we still got a good park and killed the time by cooking bacon and egg sammies on the bbq before the sun came up. It was pretty slow to fire but at about 10.30 I hooked and landed a nice 12lb fish just as the F&G rangers were about to check our licences. With that on board we were pretty confident of getting a couple more but unfortunately that was our lot for the day. Still, its been a good couple of weekends with 3 fish between 3 of us so we’re all stoked !

the plug
    Participant

Should be rain in the headwaters from tonight- finally. Will be interesting to see what it does to the rivers. Noticeable lack of reports from upriver on the waimak- I’ve been out a couple of times in the last week or so, seen nothing. I guess they have to go upriver sometime but has been tough conditions with the river at 30 cumecs, clear & warm.

yellowfin
    Participant

What’s the results on today’s comp down the Mak?

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Not too sure on total numbers but I think 9 or so were weighed at Mackies. From what I heard there were better numbers at the mouth.

yellowfin
    Participant

Heard there was a 21lber caught at the mouth before 11 am. 3 caught on the south side and maybe 8 on the north side. Saw a nice fish landed on the north side with about 15 mins to go. Couple caught down the Banana hole this morning. Heaps of Kahawai, roughly 120 fishermen on the north side, enjoyed being on the south side. Thought the seal was going to chomp one chaps fish, but he managed to haul it in before it could get to it.

bradicle
    Participant

My mate got a 15lber 10mins to closing got it weighed and was just short of a prize..
    Way too many boats out there with a lot of people on south side of kaiapoi mouth seen two others caught at mackies 1 from a boat other from shore

burkefish
    Participant

14 at macintoshs, was told 9 at the banana hole, don’t know mouth numbers. highlight was young daniel landing a 16.5lb fish after a good struggle by himself. everyone watched and applauded when it was netted.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 668 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.