salmon season 2012-13

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 668 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

good to see the main run is coming through, I’m up Tuesday and Wednesday to give Mac’s a go.

I have never been there before, can somebody advise the best road to get to macs from? would it happen to be the end of Ferry Road? Or Clifford Road?

burkefish
    Participant

end of ferry rd.

yellowfin
    Participant

brumoo

yellowfin
    Participant

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwno0rwS87c

Could almost be Kairaki Beach.

yellowfin
    Participant

burkefish

Stufish
    Participant

Fished out going tide at Waimak mouth Saturday arvo and heard how good the morning was and how well tosh’s was firing as well. While I was there mouth was slow on that tide. Anyone know how mouth went sunday and this morning. You guys at Macintosh,s must be havin a ball. Pity I cant get out again till weekend ” but starting to feel flu comin on :)

yellowfin
    Participant

It is a pain having to work during the week! The Rocks were not that hot Sunday am. Limited to the lucky few who could get on the key spots. Everyone else fishing pretty dead water. That said, a good morning. Also keen to know what happened at the mouth Sunday and Monday am. May pop down this eve, but have put in so much time at the mouth without reward, am keen to avoid further “cast and wind”.

Stufish
    Participant

Ah Ha just looked up the page by 3 posts and see there were 14 taken at mouth Sunday morning ( bugger ) typical grrr. Have asked for the next 2 mornings off to try get the better tide. I know how you feel chilledthames I have hit mouth real hard this season for only one fish and that bloody easterly this last week has been a dog.Tight lines and see you down there.

yellowfin
    Participant

hey has anyone been hitting fish upriver lately ?

burkefish
    Participant

was slow this morning at macintoshs, 4 fish, then another 4 on the incoming tide. 1 on the rocks, 2 in boats.and 5 on the point to 3.30pm. a young boy came down with his dad having seen salmon caught on sunday,he had gear used for catching landlocked salmon. he hooked a large one i went get net but unfortunately his drag was to tight for the light line and he was broken off. took it amazingly well, dave gave him some heavier line to use. he won’t forget the experience. his dad is entering him in to the comp on saturday. heard there were between 8 and 10 taken at the mouth.

kbel
    Participant

Nothing taken this evening from point or boats.The seal was sighted heading lazly down stream from the point.

yellowfin
    Participant

heard one on south side of mouth bout 7pm.

Participant

Went up to banana hole last night for a look, saw two fish caught in the area i was fishing with plenty of fish splashing around also heard a whisper from a fellow fisher that there have been quite a few fish caught there lately thought that explains the shit load of people fishing there lol so im picking it would be a great option for those not having much luck on the rocks at mackys

burkefish
    Participant

14 fish at macintoshs today to 3.30pm. i rocks, 6 boats and 7 point. would have been 8 but the resident seal decided that a 15lb fish on an anglers line would be good for lunch. took him a while to eat it drifting down the river past the rocks. came back up later and a person in a boat decided to try and run it down. not a good thing to do, even worse for him as there were 2 rangers and an honorary fisheries officer observing- he got the message. could of cost him thousands of dollars and prison time if he had killed it.

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

I was at Mackies from 6 til 8.30 this morn, saw two on the rocks, two on the point and possibly one from a boat right at the bottom of the line. Good on the guys that helped the older chap who lost his boat down the Kaiapoi as well.

Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 668 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.