salmon season 2012-13

Posted By burkefish On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 667 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  burkefish 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 668 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

Otago harbour salmon fishing comp pulled 8 fish over 2 days out of 210 entrants.

6kg overall winning fish.

Off to fish the Clutha tomorrow, heres hoping.

LongbowMan
    Participant

That Seal at Macintosh’s reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPfqe00lz-o

How pissed would ya be?!

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

LongbowMan

burkefish
    Participant

6 fish at macintoshs 12.00pm to 6.30pm. 3 on north side kaiapoi, 2 in boats (one 17lb) 1 on the point. seal still around came down the river then an hour orso later went back up.

hookusup
    Participant

Does anyone know if the opihi and orari are still open to the sea?

troutfishernz
    Participant

hookusup

hookusup
    Participant

Cheers for that,was there any action,sea ok 4 salmon surf fishing?

troutfishernz
    Participant

Plenty of fish moving though but not a lot being caught I was there all day and only saw 3 caught and 1 lost. Surf was rough and dirty on Friday not sure about now though.

hookusup
    Participant

yeah bet its been a bit hard ,river must be warm,bring on some rain,thanks for letting me know wats going on.

burkefish
    Participant

fished macintoshs 2pm to 6.30, saw 4 fish caught. 3 north side kaiapoi,1 point. good size fish 26, 21,15.5lbs the other would have been between 16 and17lb. seal still around moving up and down the river, watched eat either a large mullet or small ky.

Participant

Only saw one caught down mouth this arvo, not that good down there at moe

kbel
    Participant

Ecan have started the annual cleaning out of weed from silverstream with an NCK dragline so there may be a fair bit of debris and discolouration coming down the Kaiapoi and into Mac’s for the next few weeks.

burkefish
    Participant

fished the point from 11.30am until 6.30pm. 4 fish caught before i got there, 3 after- 7 all up. 3 rocks, 3 point and 1 stewarts gully. 1 on the rock about 5pm seemed like a large fish, those on the point were 15.5, 13 and 11lbs.allso 2 were lost. plenty of fish around.

HIPP
    Participant

Fished the Rakaia gorge last night in the drizzel, water was up alittle from saturday and had a little bit of coulor in it, no fish seen one big splash noted. Hope this little bit of rain brings them on. cheers, hipp

burkefish
    Participant

there werte fish around at macintoshs this morning,not interested in taking anything. maybe the seal was putting them off. afternoon tide could be promising with cooler water. will try again tomorrow morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 668 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members