salmon season 2012-13

Posted By burkefish On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 667 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  burkefish 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 668 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

http://www.stuff.co.nz/marlborough-express/news/8316560/Lobster-krill-swarm

Saw heaps of these at Pigeon Bay over Banks Peninsula this weekend, big swarms. Piled high on the beach. Wonder if salmon eat them?

hookusup
    Participant

Heres a link to cambell live about canterburys rivers future.

http://www.3news.co.nz/Managing-our-wat … fault.aspx

Anonymous

Got lovely wee 12 lb from Banana Hole @ 5.30 pm. :smile: Now just have to get some days off work in the next few weeks :grin:

burkefish
    Participant

8 fish at macintoshs to 3pm, 3 boats, 3 rocks and 2 point of which i got 1- 14lb and the other just over 11lb. both fresh run.

burkefish
    Participant

very quite at macintoshs today, fish were there. only know of 1 caght in boat. 3 hooked on the point all lost, 1 a snap off. i unfortunately lost one but i think it was foulhooked judging by the spectacular jump it made. another day tomorrow.

burkefish
    Participant

7 fish at macintoshs to 12.00pm. 2 rocks,1 southside kaiapoi, 1 boats and 3 on the point. have heard that there has been addition of 1 rocks and 1 boat to 2.00pm. also heard the mouth had a few on monday.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hope the rock fires up when I get there tomorrow, and will fish Friday.

burkefish
    Participant

should be,numbers been building this week, we are seeing alot and seem to be getting snappy. have been seen chasing mullet. amazing the fish life you see in clear water, have seen 8 species of fish and trout and eels aren’t among them.

midget
    Participant

Hi Burkefish.. Where is the point? Is that where the kaiapoi river meets the Mak?

burkefish
    Participant

southside of the kaiapoi mouth.

Zeddie
    Participant

Can you just walk across the mouth of the kaiapoi in waders ??

yellowfin
    Participant

2 hours and im on the plane and should be there in a few hours. Burkefish, hope to meet you there at some stage. I will be there at the rock with GF and will be in an Audi R8 jacket with white hat.
    See you fellas abit later on. Going to Brisbane airport now.

burkefish
    Participant

be abit tricky to wade the kaiapoi, possibly on a very low tide but would have to wait 12 hours to get back.

yellowfin
    Participant

fished point today it was very dead didnt see a single thing allthough larry latched on two a beaut 20lber
    heard some very good reports on waimak mouth though they got ten on monday ino of four today last week two days of eight that seems to be the best place to fish at the moment

yellowfin
    Participant

I was advised 100+ fish weighed in from the Waitaki river over the past 2 weeks, biggest 25lb gutted.

Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 668 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members