salmon season 2012-13

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 668 total)
  • Author
    baitman
    Participant

Do a search on trademe for it then click save this search and you can make it email you when one is listed ( this is how i got my copy).
    Then all you have to do is wait when i did it there was one every week to 10 days. ( i bought one and forgot to cancel the search so i kept on getting emails until i did 8 weeks later :roll: )

wrights
    Participant

midget

cinick
    Participant
    burkefish
    Participant

8 fish today at macintoshes, 5 on boats, 3 where i fish and one on rocks . 3 were over 20 lb– 25, 23 ,21which was finned clipped. not me unfortunately, a large ky was my lot although i missed a fish that hit about a metre from the rod tip when in waist deep water and had another follow up as well and that was a good fish.

Participant

5 caught at mak mouth today …

burkefish
    Participant

6 fish at mak mouth for rangers comp. one 20, one 19. only know of 1 at macintoshes a good day with excellent prizes. one was a $2000 House paint.

yellowfin
    Participant

What time was the fish caught at mackies burkefish?

yellowfin
    Participant

fished makies today was dead only one tacken i saw sounds like more at mouth

was caught dead low tide kev

burkefish
    Participant

don’t know, ask Tom, he caught it.

brumoo
    Participant

burkefish

yellowfin
    Participant

Cheers Tom, well done mate.

cinick
    Participant

Spent the day on the Rakaia. Jet boated from Southbridge right up to about 2km short of the pylons fishing along the way. Low and clear water conditions and dint spot a fish all day.

Apart from a bunch of guys fishing the lagoon where the mouths came in and also the first pool or two up from the lagood there werent many people around.

Have there been many reports from the Rakaia or has it died off a bit?

I was planning on spending Mon – Thurs down there but have changed my plans after today. Might check out some other rivers, Need to make use of the leave pass from the wife for fishing next week and from what I saw today I suspect i would have been wasted my time on the lower Rakaia.

cinick
    Participant

Is anyone using luminous zedees? I used expoxy and some luminous powder and they look and glow great but I’ve never used em before. Was thinking maybe the Hurunui gut at night…..thoughts…..

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

cinick

yellowfin
    Participant

Two salmon taken at the mak mouth today..a few kahawai about also.

Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 668 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.