salmon season 2012-13

Posted By burkefish On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 667 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  burkefish 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 668 total)
  • Author

CharlesSmith
    Participant

hookusup

burkefish
    Participant

the mak looks like it could be worth a try tomorrow afternoon. time to try out some coloured water spinners.

yellowfin
    Participant

Saw three landed at the Opihi mouth today with four others lost.

CharlesSmith
    Participant

Rakaia south side mouth surf fished well today with, 35 salmon landed was exciting to be amongst it, Some good sized fish taken as well around 22-24lbs

hookusup
    Participant

Can anyone help me,I want to know the website where you can search the number on the reel mount of ambassadeurs to see there age and if there made in sweeden?
    Cheers
    Jeremy

burkefish
    Participant

you could try-www.collestorsweekly.com/fishing/abu-ambassadeur. has 320 different abu reels displayed, also points to other sites that could be of interest.

burkefish
    Participant

you could also try- realreels.com.

wrights
    Participant

hookusup

the plug
    Participant

This is the reel mount from mine (upside down sorry). The numbers are 060007 and the reel was purchased new in about 2001 from memory. It says “Made in Sweden” in big letters on the side and this is probably the best indicator of where it was built :grin:
    The build quality on these reels is fantastic.

hookusup
    Participant

Thanks heaps for your help.Ive brought some that wernt made in sweeden before ,never again.

hookusup
    Participant

burkefish

hookusup
    Participant

CharlesSmith

yellowfin
    Participant

Waitaki was doing so good… Dam will be spilling until some time in mid/end of Feb now, 1000cu for a while.

huge disapointment…

on the other hand, a guy caught a 34lb Salmon in the Taieri River… not fair! (confirmed)

hookusup
    Participant

Shame about the waitaki Jezza,awsome to hear about the 34lber a pic on here would be good to see.

yellowfin
    Participant

I have seen the picture on the phone of a H&F employee, I will ask if they can upload it somewhere, but sadly i dont know the guy who caught it.

Looked like a hell of a fish though. not long, but very very deep.

Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 668 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members