Salmon Season -2011/2012

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 429 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 421 through 430 (of 430 total)
  • Author

brumoo
    Participant

Hi all go to nzsalmonanglers .co.nz for photos and video of egg planting

brumoo
    Participant

Hi Team
    We have around 70K Ova to barrel plant in the Hurunui on Saturday. Gather to
    leave the PEG Hotel Belfast Carpark at 0830hrs. Barrel planting involves a
    dig in the river shingle to create a hole, in which we place larger stones
    then lay in Ova. Its a great method & means we do not have to go back & lift
    boxes etc. Appreciate if you can make it, bring a shovel & if you have a
    good bucket that will be handy. Not as labour intensive as the Scotty Boxes.
    We will pool transport vehicles & top up fuel again for those taking up a
    vehicle.Thanks for a wonderful effort last weekend.Ring around & bring your
    M8’s, be another great trip into a new paradise.!!
    Cheers
    Ron Stuart

burkefish
    Participant

4 months to go? before the fish arrive, withdrawal getting bad. going out to fishing shed looking at my gear moving it around with no purpose, can’t think of any new gear to buy. its really bad, watching all the you tube vids. if this is what retirement brings ,better find something new. i know!! i have about 100 books on mainly salmon fishing i haven’t read, get some new glasses . i might find something useful to try out in 4 months.

brumoo
    Participant

know the feelihg been busy with ova planting i have put some pics of ova that has hatched in hacketts creek go to salmon anglers web page then gallery and have a look there

burkefish
    Participant

hi! Brumoo, thanks , those photos really make taking a day off work to help with the plantings really worth while. looks like a good hatch. lets hope for a good survival rate.

yellowfin
    Participant

Just remember it’s only a month out from white baiting!

hookusup
    Participant

My orari salmon caught Feb 2012

troutfishernz
    Participant

Nice fish, Didn’t realize Salmon ran up the Orari. You wouldn’t think so looking at it at the State highway 79 bridge.

hookusup
    Participant

This one was caught in the surf,Im not sure how many do run the small river each year

yellowfin
    Participant

Viewing 10 posts - 421 through 430 (of 430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members