Salmon Season -2011/2012

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 429 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 430 total)
  • Author

yellowfin
    Participant

Very true, 250 there to silverstream then again how many made it up places like the mak etc all the wild fish,

burkefish
    Participant

they are doing the surveys of the spawning areas, haven’t seen any numbers yet but from what i have been told it sounds pretty good.

yellowfin
    Participant

$100 to $200 a fish…. Not to mention all the hours put in to get them, By far the most expensive fish I chase!! Suppose you can’t put a price on the buzz when you do land one!!

yellowfin
    Participant

i say bring on next season
    you really cant beat that feeling when the action of your zeddie stops or your line goes slack then BANG
    and all the good buggers down there to fish away with :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

Off to Durville & Stephens in a few weeks to jig for Kings. Should be interesting!!

yellowfin
    Participant

Are we talking Silverstream/ Mosgiel??

yellowfin
    Participant

nope
    Kaiapoi

hookusup
    Participant

hello salmon fishermen,im trying to source a one piece salmon rod
    proberly frm the 80’s its a fuji i think ,my friend broke his and never moved on.
    if anyone has one they think mite be the same please contact me.
    jeremydalzell@hotmail.com

burkefish
    Participant

well it seems that the addicted salmon people are in full hibernation mode, judging by lack of comments on here. anyway off into the mountains tomorrow to act as ‘midwife’ or whatever the male equivalent is, to help plant 60,000 eyed ova. going to be cold but will be thinking of the return in 3 years that will keep me warm.

yellowfin
    Participant

burkefish

burkefish
    Participant

you need to meet at the yaldhurst hotel before 10.45am tomorrow morning (9th) june. you need waders plenty of warm clothing some food and hot drink.

burkefish
    Participant

probably a bit far for you – Jezza

burkefish
    Participant

well, 75,000 ova planted up the waimak today. great turn out of volunteers, in perfect weather. hope to see some of the returns lower down the river in 3 years time preferably on the end of my line.

yellowfin
    Participant

Brilliant work you guys!

burkefish
    Participant

happening again next week 60,000 this time in the dove river on the hurunui, providing the weather and river conditions are right. unfortunately i can’t make this one as it would mean another day off work and there is a little matter of a rugby match i need to take some of the people i look after to. anyone interested, post on here and i post the details.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 430 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members