Salmon Season -2011/2012

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 430 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

8 caught down at mctintosh’s rocks tonight. 6 on the bank and 2 from boats Plenty of fish activity, porposing and one spectacular full jump just in front of a jet boat. River’s pretty clear might be more takes after the southerly comes through tonight.

yellowfin
    Participant

Any fish at mackies tonight? Saw a double hook up on a boat earlier in day! They both got them!,then one more half hour later.Need a boat.Damn.

yellowfin
    Participant

Saw plenty porpoising… Did not see any landed though.

yellowfin
    Participant

Quiet as, nowhere near as much fish activity. Must have all gone upriver. Apparently there was 5 caught this morning at the Waimak mouth. River was still crystal clear despite last night’s rain.

burkefish
    Participant

8 caught at macintoshes this morning. one person hooked 3 landed 2. i got a 15lb fish and lost another much bigger, couldn’t find a place to land it, tide to high. anyway had a good fight hope it makes the spawning grounds.

yellowfin
    Participant

i can asure you that they arnt going through up river me and searunner have been thrashing water for very little and the gut we are fishing the fish must go through and we arnt seeing nothing
    howerver they were running the river about two weeks ago but id say they are all up spawning now no sign of them now

brumoo
    Participant

10 at mouth on north side 2 on south side i left at 10:30am

yellowfin
    Participant

6 at mackies till low tide i got another tenlber still had a sea lice on its fin went and jumped four holes up mak after that not a thing

Liam
    Participant

Me and the old man also been fishing a lot up river at the moment, and haven’t seen any fish coming through. Although did see a few taken a week or so ago.

sorearm
    Participant

was up river this morning and saw a few nice fish jumping, hooked nothing tho, shud of hit the mouth me thinks.

yellowfin
    Participant

me and searunner fished from the forest to the main bridges last night trying to find water didnt c a single thing

yellowfin
    Participant

Went up past Dicksons Bay this morning, saw nothing… Then shot to Kaiapoi Mouth, heard of one caught, few splashing… I prob missed bite time as per usual!

yellowfin
    Participant

Anything at mackies tonight? Hope the rain helps with the hook ups! Might try low tide tomorrow.tight lines.

yellowfin
    Participant

me and seasrunner went up river again tonight and not a thing

yellowfin
    Participant

I think there were three salmon caught at MacIntoshes this afternoon. Here’s one of them. It was caught one tree down from the white post. A small fish of 8 or 9 pounds; but perfectly formed and bright silver. There seem to have been a lot of smaller salmon this season! I was told there have been quite a few caught at the mouth over the past few days. But can’t confirm that.

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.