Salmon Season -2011/2012

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 430 total)
  • Author
    burkefish
    Participant

yes, get a couple of hours of clear water before lowtide. mac clearing fast should be better tomorrow until midday when they start digging out the southbranch mouth to let issac’s run through.

burkefish
    Participant

have photos will try and download later. have a few zeddies to paint first.

yellowfin
    Participant

Went to the Waimak mouth for an hour or this arvo, was very quiet, then to Macs Rocks and quiet there too although did see one fish landed about 5PM. Nice day for it tho ;)

burkefish
    Participant

there were 4 in the morning.

brumoo
    Participant

Hi All New Zealand Salmon Anglers Compition on Waimak this Sat register on the day at the mouth $4000 of prizes

Participant

Saw 5 caught at mackys this morning while i was there 3 from boats 2 from rocks

burkefish
    Participant

9caqught at macintoshs 3 boats 2 each side of kaiapoi mouth rest on rocks. sounds like all rivers have had a run in the last to days. saw more fish today than the rest of the season. they weren’t mucking around one i netted still had a sea lice on it and green back that usually turns silver grey after a few hours in the river.

burkefish
    Participant

got a 10lb fish excellent condition 27in long 18.5 girth. a lot of fish being lost this season, they are strong. this fish hit so hard i just about fell in, what you get for daydreaming and not concentrating on what you are doing.

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice one burkefish, I’m still stuck on ‘0’, saw a nice 15lber landed off the rocks tonight at about 7.30pm.

burkefish
    Participant

subjohn, if you are fishing tomorrow should have a good chance, judging by the number of fish there today. they often seem to be more snappy on the second day for some reason.

baitman
    Participant

anyone heard any reports from the rakaia? Heading out tonight for a look.

Participant

Hey brumoo what time is it open in morning to enter comp down mouth ?

kane24
    Participant

comp starts at day break you can enter anytime from then till 9am well thats what it says on the entry form i got

burkefish
    Participant

I was told daybreak so probably about 7.00am. will be there as well to enter. very hard to finfd somewhere to do it plenty places giving out entry forms. noone taking them in.

kane24
    Participant

anything et caught at comp today noyhing caught when i was there

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.