Salmon Season -2011/2012

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 430 total)
  • Author
    fisho
    Participant

4WD Quadbike +1

fisho
    Participant

rumor is at the waimak mouth today, 100 anglers on nth side and only 5 fish but on the South side 2 anglers and 3 fish!

can anyone confirm this or update it…..

yellowfin
    Participant

I can confirm the above, it was shoulder to shoulder on Waimak mouth north side yesterday morning (Wed), but only a few people on the south side. We watched 2 guys turn up on the other side, catch a couple of fish each, then bugger off after an hour or so – bastards! Hard to tell exactly what they were catching as there were a lot of kowhai being caught, but definitely at least 2 salmon.
    I fished from 7-10am on the north side and saw maybe 5 salmon caught, lots of kowhai, and I caught a barracuta as did someone else. Salmon fishing was definitely quieter than Tuesday. Last nights rain may have helped though.. might go out this arvo…

yellowfin
    Participant

Nope! I seen at least 12 salmon taken yesterday plus 4 were caught b4 I arrived and 5 after I left, the guys on the south side caught an 18lber and 16lber, I was talking to them today!! 5 fish caught this morning so they may have bolted up river..https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … 8d29562e80 my 3rd for the week :)

Participant

Nice fish well done kev was good to meet you today m8 …

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Another nice fish kevo and would have been a great fight on 4lb.

Drove over the Waimak this arvo and the river is mud, anyone know if there is enough green water to fish the mouth or the Kaiapoi? Im keen to get out tonight but only if I can find some water a fish might see my zeddie in.

yellowfin
    Participant

Likewise justfishing, a long time coming lol

yellowfin
    Participant

thats impressive kev well done nice fat bugger too

yellowfin
    Participant

I went down the Waimak mouth again at lunch today but seemed to have gone very quiet, only saw 1 salmon landed and they reckon there was only a few caught in the morning. Water was dirtier, not too bad at the mouth but seemed to get worse as you went up the river. Had a few casts at Macintoshes on the way home but seemed pretty quiet there too.

yellowfin
    Participant

Leadbrigade

HIPP
    Participant

Waimak dirty tonight,only any good for chocolate fish:)nice work on the 4ilb Kevo85

yellowfin
    Participant

The rangi boys are full of it. I got limits 3 days in a row. Fish been landed and lost all over the place!!!!!!!!!!!!

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Anyone know how the Orari fished today?

Anonymous
    Inactive

you crack me up.

yellowfin
    Participant

What’s the legal limit on salmon, whitebaitpro? Just saying

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 430 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.