Salmon Season – 2010/2011

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I am,it’s beyond a joke now..another week written off!!

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Sick of it is an understatement, just glad I went to the right spot yesterday.

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

mulletman
    Participant

waimak????

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Caught in the Opihi Saturday morning. Apparently the were lots seen in the surf at the Orari yesterday but they werent interested in anything thrown at them. They were right in the the first breaker but werent coming in.

Had a look at the south side of the Waimak yesterday. Didn’t fish because the wind was blowing almost straight in and the river still had a bit much colour. The channel seems to run closer to the south so I reckon thats the place to be at low tide at sunrise. Thats if it ever runs clean again this season !

yellowfin
    Participant

Rakaia at 2000 cumecs, thats going to keep us off the water for a bit. Might have to try work for the rest of the week.
    A few fish must have gone past now.

Well done on the fish ATRY, they look good that close to the salt.

yellowfin
    Participant

Hmmm,I can’t recall a season so shoddy..fingers crossed that this is the last fresh or else the season will be nigh on over by the time things come good!!

baitman
    Participant

I went for a fish at lake hood this arvo was talking to a bloke who lives near the acton golf course . He told me they had been catching a lot at the mouth in the surf while the river has been in flood ,as I did earlier . thats prob worth a crack if ur keen. going over the rakaia bridge at 9pm it was nearly bank to bank. Also I saw a lot of anglers fishing tentburn on saturday anyone heard reports from there?

Participant

Aretheyrunningyet nice fish,well done…..Went for flic in kaiapoi yesterday arvo saw 1 small salmon caught where cam enters kaiapoi river,wouldnt make double figures but still one more than ive caught this season(lucky buggur)lol

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Thanks justfishing, its great to get one on the board. I figure with the K’s I have done for this fish my carbon footprint must be the size of Ashburton ! Hopefully just one of many that myself and fellow forum members will land when the rivers come right. Im going to check out the Orari/Opihi tomorrow and hopefully Thursday monings and with any luck the flows will have enticed a few in and we will get them as the water clears. Thats the plan anyway.

smokin’ joe
    Participant

kevo85

yellowfin
    Participant

Oh dear,more heavy rain on it’s way!!

brumoo
    Participant

Hi All About fin clipping i am shure it is only Montrose that clip the fin’s

yellowfin
    Participant

Just landed a 11lber at the mak mouth. Casting into blue pockets on the edge of the dirty water.

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice job Bullfrog,,many guys out?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.