Salmon Season – 2010/2011

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Hey guys just wondering if the fish caught from the waimak are still good to eat after the quake…
    Heard there was sewerage leaked into the river from busted pipes
    Cheers

yellowfin
    Participant

Well done justfishing, are you the international man of mystery as I have never seen your face lol..yeah the fish are fine to eat,the waimak has escaped the sewerage problems of september so go hard :grin:

gunnercoops
    Participant

any news on if the salmon are still kicking around the Waimak today, thinking of heading down after work.

Participant

Hey gunnercoops was there till 11am this morning 5 caught in that time…….
    lol sure am kevo ……

22lb waimak salmon caught today
    [/url]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/url:3ijmh4fz]

yellowfin
    Participant

There were two caught at Macintoshes last night around 7.00pm. One was 18 lb and the other 21 lb (I weighed the second one myself). Plenty of fish splashing on the surface late in the day. Didn’t see any caught at the mouth yesterday but could have been one very early. At least ten were caught altogether at Macintoshes yesterday.
    The highlight of the fishing on Sunday was the strange tidal surges in the lower river. Several times the river changed direction on the outgoing afternoon tide as a result of the earth quake in Japan.
    A pressure wave also traveled back up the river past Macintoshes Hole. :)

His first ever salmon caught at Macintoshes Hole, Waimakariri River, taken at 7.00pm on 13 March 2011 on a rod purchased at 3.00pm that same afternoon. It weighed 21 lb. Very good trip for the first time salmon fishing. Congratulations!

Participant

2 ? na there was 4 caught down there last night,

Tip for you guys who dont normally fish mackys ….. over the last week or so more fish being caught on the white zeddie ….

yellowfin
    Participant

Nice fish mate..11.5lber taken at the mouth this avo..the only fish I seen caught,still a bit of weird tidal surging going on down there!!“>

yellowfin
    Participant

well done kev nice fish
    have many been going through the last couple of days

yellowfin
    Participant

Dont know mate,i think macs is a better indicator at the mo,conditions at the mouth have been crap this last few days!!

brumoo
    Participant

Hi All Whats the fish numbers for today please mouth or mackies??

gunnercoops
    Participant

was there from 4.30 – 6.45 saw one caught from a boat, a few porpoiseing, also the river stopped flowing for a while, then sped up again back to sea.

Gofish270
    Participant

Three caught this morning Rakaia south side. (one guy got 2)
    Plenty of people fishing but very quiet.

yellowfin
    Participant

Saw one caught and one lost at Mac mouth this morning.Evil cold howling southerly.
    There were only two fishermen left after a while so I packed up and left .Thoughts
    of another earthquake all alone there made me a bit edgy.

yellowfin
    Participant

hey guys
    im thinking about going to mackies tonight does any one no of many being slaughted

yellowfin
    Participant

Waimak limit bag from the mouth today..searunner caught one also :wink:[url=http://img828.imageshack.us/i/007rmto.jpg/]

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.