Salmon Season – 2010/2011

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    gunnercoops
    Participant

4 hours at banana hole for nothing today.

yellowfin
    Participant

did u c any fish taken gunnercoops

brumoo
    Participant

Hi All Was up at waimack gorge on fri got a 11.6ib salmon nice and silver
    Dont forget NZSAA fishing comp on the Waimack 12th March see home page for entry info

gunnercoops
    Participant

didnt see any taken.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Fished upper Rakakia Saturday morning, caught none. But heard of a few being caught. Fished Rangitata Saturday evening but saw none caught, but heard 16 or something was caught earlier in the day. Sunday morning saw 5 caught on South Side and 1 on the North Side. Really struggle to see how people find Salmon angling enjoyable.

gunnercoops
    Participant

Miliwolf

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

Had I not caught anything last season (my first chasing salmon) I think I would have given up. I am lucky enough to have caught one this year and I am still out there although Saturday morning had me wondering why. I was at the Opihi on the north side with about 10 others. There would have been 30 odd people on the south and there were tangles everywhere. You would think when 2 or 3 guys have hooked people on the other side others wouldnt cast over the top but no they cant wait 30 seconds for the lines to be cleared out of the way. Anyway, that aside I will still keep chasing as there really is no better fish to catch in the South Island. Patience pays off as they say.

Gofish270
    Participant

Isn’t it good to have a few challenges in life. :-)

Saw 2 landed and 2 lost south side Rakaia this morning.
    Fairly small ones, the one I got was around 9 lbs.

There were more people fishing the north side than the south but I didn’t notice what they got.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I caught my first and only Salmon as a bi-catch when trout fishing in the Wairau. Went 7.7lb. That was 4-5 years back and since then only targeted them twice. Once in the Clarence for a half a hour, then the latest trip in south Canterbury.

yellowfin
    Participant

but when u see a salmon porpose after u hav been standing there with nothing at all happening see on porpose and u noing u could hav a chance of geting it or when somone catches one right beside u then that cast and u get a thud on ur line after all them long hours that what gets me coming back

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

anyone fished the Rakaia mouth in the last two days ? Gona check it out tomorrow morning and be good to know if much has been goin on.

yellowfin
    Participant

Just back from paddling the Rakaia between the main rd bridge and griggs rd,nothing caught but seen around 10 rise or shoot up rapids..some really good fish too by the looks of it,man it was a dust storm out there..will go back in the morning to one of the two great holes I found..the fish are running!!

aretheyrunningyet
    Participant

good to hear Kevo. Hope you pick up a couple. Are there many holes you can access via 4wd or do you really need a kayak or jet boat ?

yellowfin
    Participant

hopfully this earthquack doesnt pollute the rivers for months again

yellowfin
    Participant

too late its all going into rivers id say the season will be fucked

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.