Salmon Season – 2010/2011

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 407 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

thats weird as when i was up the mak up past the willows it came down a little colourd its not filthy but yh it was colourd allright

yellowfin
    Participant

My mate said it will be out of action for a couple of days going by what he saw this morning!!..Tom are you going to hit the mouth or fish up river?

yellowfin
    Participant

iv been up the mak but im going to cheek the kaiapoi tomoro i herd theres been a few sneaking up river

yellowfin
    Participant

Sweet,remember ive still got your spinners here for you, pick them up whenever or i can drop them in the shop for you tomoro?

yellowfin
    Participant

i kan come round tonight and get them if thats right with u after dinner

yellowfin
    Participant

Was at the kaiapoi mouth for a few hours earlier, 8-12, no fish landed that im aware of, seen 3 surface, removed a fairly large brach from the mouth at dead low tide but only had 2 hooks on it, still helps make up for the 3 i lost the night before on the bigger snag,

yellowfin
    Participant

hey huntz and fishes is the kaiapoi mouth still really shallow on the north side of the mouth

yellowfin
    Participant

At the bottom corner as far down as you can stand , it is up to 6mts deep.

baitman
    Participant

was just out at the rakaia still a light brown colour no good, ecan has it running at 170cum looks 250cum to me not alot of pools evidently.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yup pretty shallow on the north, with a couple really good snags that seem to claim so many lures, it must be like a treasure chest of lures down there :D

Fished 4-7, one salmon landed and a few surfacing,

yellowfin
    Participant

yh i fished it all last season and it was great lots of fish taken but this year im not happy to shallow i think they are goinh up at high tide or somthing and ur right iv lost a box full on those snags but i might try there this weekend but on the otherside on the point

brumoo
    Participant

NZSAA Fishing comp on the 12th March heaps good prizes

gunnercoops
    Participant

a mate went down to the Mak rocks yesterday evening said it was very quiet…fish wise…, someone had one on but lost it. The mouth was dirty …again he did not see anyone catch.

yellowfin
    Participant

Had a look at the mouth this morning,didn’t look very inviting so I didn’t set up,the water was still a tad discoloured although it looked perfect at the bridge,don’t know if anything had been caught prior to my arrival(8am),but nobody seemed to enthused by it all and there was only a couple of dozen present!!

gunnercoops
    Participant

will give it look this evening, although I see low tide is late. I have been told many times that an hour either side of low is best, but gotta go when I have the opportunity…you never know.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 407 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.