rods for livebaiting

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    fish on
    Participant

Hi all

looking at getting myself a good rod for livebaiting from the rocks something around 10ft just wondering if anyone has idea’s on what would be a good one to get

looking at getting onto a kingi or 2 this summer so need to upgrade some of my gear

any suggestions appreciated

Cheers

Miliwolf
    Participant

If it is a dedicated livebait rod for Kingfish probably best to get a rod in the 7-8ft range, and rated for 15-24kg.

If you are on a tight budget then consider a K-lab land based rod, or maybe something from the Shimano Beastmaster or Backbone range. If you are prepared to spend more then Kilwell and CD both have nice rods in their range,

fish on
    Participant

think i’ll look at the shimano range as they seem to be reasonably well priced and good quality
    thanks for that

Miliwolf
    Participant

I believe the backbone is a bit stiffer in action then the beastmaster.

St_Paul
    Participant

okuma do an x-factor too, which is quite reasonably priced.

yellowfin
    Participant

Was looking at getting a rod for live baiting myself. Found a rod for a reasonable price by Shakespeare.

http://www.discountfishingsupplies.co.n … -2786.html

Would probably only use it for off the rocks or livebaiting under a balloon from the beach in the right conditions.

Wilderness
    Participant

That rod is not designed for live baiting, its more of a stray lining rod to be honest. Its rating is a over kill also. Very cool rod to have, great for mid sized snapper and trevs ect but not kingfish, it has not grunt and has to lighter action. The black tiger in my opinion is better suited to a 6-10 maybe 15kg tops rod. a 2kg snapper bends it to the floor lol

cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.