rigs

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Fishy Bishy
    Participant

……don’t forget those blue glow in the dark glowsticks, broadies are attracted to them, and muppets.
    I wonder if they like smurfs as well as muppets???? They’re blue…… so was Grover, he was a muppet! :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

Lol, saw some people rig fishing at the pier the other night with blue glow sticks on their traces.

Miliwolf
    Participant

I quite often catch juvenile broadbills on my flasher Rigs, I send them out as live bait for Rig. They love them. One time the broadbill I was using for a bait was bigger then the Rig which ate it. When rigging the jurvenile broadbills I use one of each size hook, ranging from 1/0 all the way upto 12/0 that way you can catch a range of different species on a single bait….

I was once reeling in a 14lb elephant fish which took the 3/0 but right in the shallows a 18lb Rig also grabbed the bait (it took the 4/0) While releasing the Elephant fish and Rig another Broadbill hooked itself, I think they forage in the sand dunes at night for food. No idea how they survive out of the water. The Broadbill was hooked in the tail by the 12/0 so it must have been returning to the sea. I use that Broadbill for a new livey and caught 12 more Rig that night.

Instead of casting the broadbill livies out (they are to heavy to cast) I simply catch a Morepork on my flasher rig and get it to carrry them out. One was carried over 2km out… but I only had 400m of line on my reel I was so worried but it did not break, must of been extra stretching line I think. peter hart from new brighton sports hase some great fishing gear

St_Paul
    Participant

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Oh Dear we have Muppet Mania happenin’ folks….LOL!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sad that the biggest Muppet of all gets all that promotional advertising. :shock:

rdeejay
    Participant
    yellowfin
    Participant

There’s going to be someone who comes on here and believes what we’re saying.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Yeah, that would be worth a laugh in a few months when they turn up and post.

fishforpot
    Participant

Oh I think that’s already happened ……Oscar the Grouch aka tracknz lol …..

For the record , Pete is a hell of a nice guy , who just gets a little carried away with his own fishing tales lol …putting him in muppets class is a little cruel ….

Miliwolf
    Participant

I really have to check out New Brighton sports next time I am in Christchurch. I did not even know it existed before mulletman started promoting it at the end of his posts.

I really only visit Hamills, Mikes Fishing, The Complete Angler and Fishermans loft (and store next to fisherman loft). I also check out the discount bins in Smith City Super store and Rebels sport.

Tried to visit fishermans warehouse (or whatever it is called) down by the settling ponds but it was closed the one time I found it.

tracknz
    Participant

Postingonpot needs to have another hooter. Oscar is from seasame street ya muppet. Lol. :grin:

fishforpot
    Participant

I thought you had me there lol …while oscar and his mates as far as I know , have not appeared on the “muppet show” itself ……

It would appear oscar was created by Jim Hansen , as were all the other “muppets” …
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Muppets

Our Kiwi muppetman is way funnier hahaha

yellowfin
    Participant

lol

fisho
    Participant

Anyone know how long the juvenile broadbills stay around for, have set up some flasher rigs as per your guidelines and have a More-pork at the ready I want to target them coz im after a feed of rig.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.