queen charlette sound

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

just been out thursday/friday weather was windy both days, thursday blowing southerly, sayed on the boat at punga cove was buetifull. friday northerly came up and was choppy caught only 1 blue cod worth keeping any others had better days

Sevengillz
    Participant

Was it blowin out there yesty? It was a awesome day in town I near pulled a sickie so I could go for a fish.

yellowfin
    Participant

yes strong northerlies, made just sitting around unpleasant we tried sheltering in bays so we could stay over night but the wind came from everywhere

Jones Jr.
    Participant

When talking about the Queen Charlotte Sound and the Kenepuru Sound, would you agree that the Kenepuru / Pelorous side would be better for snapper fishing? I just get the feeling the Queen Charlotte there is alot of activity from people, the other side still gets it’s fair share don’t get me wrong but it would be less I’m thinking.

Still, I’m surprised that some of you guys definitely have caught snapper in the Queen Charlotte. Where do you go? Governors Bay? Momorangi? Grove Jetty? Near Picton? If I have a boat which I do (however it needs a little fixing up so wont be taking it out for a few months atleast!) where would you go?

Cheers
    Aaron

yellowfin
    Participant

I lived in picton for a year or so.. And our family had a little fi-glass runabout that we used to take fishing..

We

Sevengillz
    Participant

Those that go for snapper in the sounds may be interested to hear that a 20lb snapper was takin last weekend in the Grove Arm (Queen Charlotte head).Not sure if was off a boat or the jetty but i’d say up there you have just as gooder chance catching one from the jetty.Also a mate’s mate caught his limit in a couple of hours from the shore in the Mahau about 3 weeks ago.The biggest was 17lb.
    I hav’nt heard much from the kingi front lately so im planning a trip to the pass in a couple of weeks to try some live baiting from the wharf.Also interested to find out if there is any Blue Moki lurking around the wharf piles.Live baiting on the bottom may produce a John Dory also.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.