port levy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

anyone fished the rocks or anything around there ? am off there in 2 weeks for work for a few weeks fishforpot id say you would be most likely to be in the know

yellowfin
    Participant

My guess would be lots of wrasse during the day, maybe bastard red cod or moki at night.

yellowfin
    Participant

also may not be bad for flounder

fishforpot
    Participant

Fished off the warfe 35years age , I dont even think its still there …I recall the old man snapping off on something monterous ..they get a lot of 7 gillers in there

There was 1 spot we used to catch a lot of good fish from at Menzies bay …but its been inundated with asians …

I got out yesterday with seahunter to Goat point …couldnt fish our usual spot quite how we normally do as the ledge was hanging by a thread after the quake ….60foot to the water is to far to ride lol

I managed several good bluecod ….and a few maori cheifs ….1 huge .. hunter took a cod ……I think he will be changing technique for our next trip

What I did find amazing , was the accuracy of this site

http://www.fishingreminder.com/

It was dead until 30 mins before the said time , and fished hot for 2 hours , ending of course 30 prior to the stated finish time , then dead as a doe doe
    Looking at the obvious current in the water, the Lyttleton tides are bang on the same for the point ….but I will sure be watching the times in the future with interest

yellowfin
    Participant

i fished at the wharf there when i was 4 and got a big butterfish if that helps in anyway lol

mulletman
    Participant

caught kahawai rig flounder mullet spottys and hooked what i think was a ray off the warf there. good spot i reckon

fishforpot
    Participant

No kingies or broadies ?

mulletman
    Participant

ha hahaha ha

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.