Pier Restriction

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

yes maybe but still they will be back in numbers and no one there to catch them? well during the day better fishing is at night but it still sucks

Sevengillz
    Participant

Jeez readin about these bans p*sses me off and I dont even live there!

Been to the pier a few times but never fished,will be next time im down though.May have to time it with the protest ;)

yellowfin
    Participant

Yeah it’s pretty annoying, if the council has the guts to turn people away from the pier they should have the guts to ban the people causing the problems. It’s mainly asian people causing the problems, though to be fair I have also met some good asians at the pier.

yellowfin
    Participant

Most of the asians that speek any english are alright. I noticed that alot of them did start following the rules and not overhead casting

tracknz
    Participant

Hi all. I had a letter I wrote to the editor of the press published today and got a follow up call from a reporter named simon on the subject. I told him my piece and suggested he ring Ross Le Compt at brighton sports and listen to what he had to say of which he did so I hope there may be a piece in the press later this week. It wouldnt hurt our cause if a few more people rang this reporter or wrote to the editor on this subject. Danny told me today if we stop bringing it up with the media it will become an old story fast and he is dead right so all of us need to keep pushing if we want it changed.

yellowfin
    Participant

Here’s some other info:

Article

yellowfin
    Participant

Letter to the editor in the Press:

Pier ban unbelievable
    As a ratepayer, father and recreational fisherman, I cannot believe the decision by the Burwood Pegasus Community Board and the Christchurch City Council to ban fishing off the New Brighton Pier at weekends during the summer daylight-saving period.
    Can the council tell my fishing-mad seven-year-old daughter where to fish that is accessible and safe?
    Some fishermen flout the rules and create a mess on the pier, but they are only a minority and could be dealt with through education or trespass notices.
    ROBBIE BAIGENT
    New Brighton

yellowfin
    Participant

Second email reply to me from the chair of the board that voted for the ban, she avoided a couple of my questions:

Hello Danny,

yellowfin
    Participant

maybe we have some kinda of on peir protest that you see on telly etc we all go to the pier with signs not allowing anyone at all on or something like that we get as many people as we possibly can in our favour? i dont know just an idea

yellowfin
    Participant

Yes I think we should do a protest or two,

yellowfin
    Participant

exactly

especially if we can get many many people to join

yellowfin
    Participant

If someone patrolled the Pier for a couple weeks to sort out who the people are that are causing problems, they could be trespassed and that would get rid of most of the problem makers.

yellowfin
    Participant

Great news guys, Following the local body elections the Burwood Pegasus board is far more balanced.

yellowfin
    Participant

I wrote a complaint to the council today

yellowfin
    Participant

You have done a good job of writing and complaining booger and I hope that something will be done about it. I’m sure with all the problems and complaints they are recieving because of the ban, they are likely to change their minds and reconsider the weekend ban.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.