Pier Restriction

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

I will put through a complaint to them now.

yellowfin
    Participant

I keep getting errors on submit of that online form thing.

yellowfin
    Participant

Couldn’t get it to work so just sent it to this email address [code:tqcpisud]info@ccc.govt.nz[/code:tqcpisud]

yellowfin
    Participant

I typed up this draft message yesterday, which will go to various people in the council. Let me know if you have any ideas or constructive criticism:

Subject: The pier fishing ban – Suggestions for the future, and why it’s an embarrassment for the council.

The current rule of no fishing during from 6am-6pm on weekends during daylight savings time is a bad

yellowfin
    Participant
    That looks good. Certainly better than the one I sent them. Hopefully it will make them think about it or at least re consider changing it for next year
    yellowfin
    Participant

Hey booger did you get a reply yet? I got this

[quote:1rrbzrum]Good Morning Zac Thank you for your email regarding the Fishing Restriction at the New Brighton Pier. I have forwarded this to the Team that deals with this, and they will respond to you shortly. Kind Regards Katrina Infoline

yellowfin
    Participant

zac

yellowfin
    Participant

i agree totally boogeralot of people walk out to the end of the pier to see whats happening and the fishing gives them something to see and do

yellowfin
    Participant

I received a reply from the chair of the board that decided on the ban times, I am sure she won’t mind it being posted here so that her side of the argument is expressed:

[b:1hywz301]From:[/b:1hywz301] Burt, Glenda [mailto:Glenda.Burt@ccc.govt.nz]
    [b:1hywz301]Sent:[/b:1hywz301] Tuesday, 25 September 2007 2:36 p.m.
    [b:1hywz301]To:[/b:1hywz301] Danny Reed
    [b:1hywz301]Cc:[/b:1hywz301] Moore, Garry (Mayor); Aitken, Michael; Parfitt, Jane; Holder, Kay; Carmen Hammond; Caroline Kellaway (Home); Evans, Carole; Lomax, Tina; Rowlands, Don; Sheriff, Gail
    [b:1hywz301]Subject:[/b:1hywz301] RE: The pier fishing ban – Suggestions for the future, and why it’s an embarrassment for the council.

St_Paul
    Participant

[quote:12qj6a41]The other responses indicate that 32% requested increased enforcement……
    So nearly a 3rd of all respondents wanted more policing and

[quote:12qj6a41]During this summer rangers and other staff will carry out a programme of informing/educating the people who fish and this will be backed up by the ability to carry out enforcement for those who do not wish to comply with the rules
    Why wasn’t enforcement of rules without any restriction on fishing times trialled when only
    [quote:12qj6a41]15% requested restricted fishing
    Bureaucracies suck!!

yellowfin
    Participant

St_Paul

St_Paul
    Participant

Stupid middle aged women with too much free freakin time on their hands!

yellowfin
    Participant

I know someone who put quite a bit of money into that pier who certainly would not have done so had he known fishing was going to be greatly restricted.

The council should be targeting the offenders misbehaving on the pier. If you get 20,000 people at a one-day cricket match 19,994 will be there to watch the cricket. The other six

yellowfin
    Participant

i think it could help it there were perhapps more bait boards on the pier as well some people are too lazy to walkto the board to cut their bait and just do it on the

St_Paul
    Participant

I carry one of those little plastic chopping boards in my gear pack, saves a lot of wear and tear on your knives too.

Some of those fishing out there are probably too worried about walking away from the 4 rods they have set up, to cut bait or clean fish in the appropriate area

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.