non surf catches

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Nice. Next one should be on rod and reel though lol

Miliwolf
    Participant

Yeah, thats the plan. Would love to experience that raw power on rod and line (One did almost spool me once before breaking off). I was being pulled underwater and all over the place, all that with a spear right through its torso. Extremely powerful fish. Going to try and find a few spots with land access to give you guys a chance of targeting them.

mulletman
    Participant

where abouts in QC :?: :?: we have tryed to catch them there before but had no luck, :(

yellowfin
    Participant

Have hooked 2 at karaka point on kahawai livebaits. Still yet to land one though….

Miliwolf
    Participant

Inner QC off a point.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went Kayak fishing tonight off a point in the QC sounds. Got there around 8pm and fished until after 10pm. Lots of slip and flood damage on the road via Havelock…. Pelerous sounds is a mess.

Anyway, the water in the QC was just off blue which was better then I expected. Headed out to the point, had a bunch of mostly refrozen baits, pilchard, anchovies, squid and a old packet of Mullet. The Kahawai fishing was hot, were getting strikes every few minutes at one stage. Must of landed about 10 in the first hour or so I was there. No snapper turned up.. Only KY caught. Was a pleasant night but quite a few loonies were about. The sooner the holidays are over the sooner the real fishing can begin again.

Participant
    elmo22
    Participant

good catch the crays look big you pot them or dive well done

Participant

yeh elmo caught in pots used whole red cod as bait

yellowfin
    Participant

motunau Dec 27th 2010 – 3 of us in the boat…easy catching in great sea conditions, only 10 mins from river mouth

mmm, crayfish and blue cod

mulletman
    Participant

il be going to motunau, for a four day fishing trip at the end of the month, that should give us time to target cod, groper, shark, and anythng else that might be a bit of fun, hope to see a few fish in the bin,

yellowfin
    Participant

Motunau was a no go this morning, swells to big for the skippers liking, headed to kaikoura and had a wee fish off south bay, manged one blue cod, a red cod and a couple other wee fish, damn spotties tho mind you the sea wasnt very nice , bit rolly

elmo22
    Participant

am going up there on thursday for a couple of nights approx 20kms past up by why-papa bay got some cray pots and hope to get some paua ( no fishforpot paua diving, crays in pot) also sum yummy blue cod and sea perch on rod… looks like the sea will be approx 1mts so will be ok for my wee boat

mulletman
    Participant

got a great 4 day trip including akaroa and motunau, gonna be great.,

mulletman
    Participant

akaroa was a bust today, swell was to big to get out past the heads, so we stuck to the salmon farm and mussel farms with no succes

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.