non surf catches

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    Miliwolf
    Participant

Went for a Spearfish in Port Underwood, got myself a nice big Butterfish :)

mulletman
    Participant

me and 5 other mates headed up to mutnow for a day. all of us got our limit in 2 hours. BLUE COD 60 TRUMPETER 12 GREY BOYS 4 GROUPER 3 RAYS 1 EELS 2
    have know idea what the ray was doing up there never heard of one being caught there before. saw a small mako and maby a broadbill. :grin:

rdeejay
    Participant

Sheesh at least learn to spell the name of the place properly and it’s amazing you come up with these grand numbers for fish catches but yet you cant even catch a kahawai lol and you were on a boat i take it? ok you are all incredibly brave or incredibly stupid as i’m assuming you meant saturday seeing as though the wind was blowing about a million miles an hour.

mulletman
    Participant

no a coupleof months ago. ha ha ha ha :!:

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

…….and a BROADBILL?????
    Wow!!!

You have been taught very well it seems……..

How come you thought is was a Broady??

PierMaster
    Participant

lololololololololololololololololol

rdeejay
    Participant

Mullet were on fire across in the avon where i live on sunday, managed 10 of the buggers lost a couple but plenty more to be caught but i’m not that greedy and there’s plenty of other times, some big sized ones too.
    Lately i’ve been throwing alot of food for them so that probably explains their increased presence at my spot x lol.

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished in the Avon last Friday for over half an hour didn’t get a single one, first time I’ve been there and been unsuccessful.

rdeejay
    Participant

added another 11 to the freezer today, lost a few, lambs fry was the bait.

Sevengillz
    Participant

Caught this nice brown jack today in the river at my back door.Not a huge fan of them so he was quickly released after a couple of pics. 8)

Sevengillz
    Participant

I guess this should of been put in the trout forum….oh well :roll: a non surf catch none the less

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Magnificent Brown, would look good on anyone’s wall.
    Awesome colour!
    Gorgeous specimen1
    Great catch and definitely a non surf catch nonetheless.
    Top marks from me!

yellowfin
    Participant

oh mate ya coulda used it as bait though

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went out to my Xmas eve Snapper spot. This spot has produced for me every-time I fished it around Xmas, it also provides my first Snapper of the summer.

Got there around 6pm, and was on the water a little later. The fishing was slow to start with, other then nibblers nothing showed interest in the baits. The Sun slowly sunk behind the hills and the wind died right down. With light fading I got a strike and pulled in a small Gurnard.. It was getting late and still no Snapper.

Because it was Xmas eve and the sea was so calm I decided to stay out… After a while another rod bent over and I was fairly certain I recognized the fighting style. First Snapper of the Summer was quickly released. A short while later my Rod bent over again and a stronger fighting but similar in size Snapper was released. Stayed fishing until 11pm but nothing showed interest in my baits.

I fished over low tide (around 8pm) but there was still plenty of bait fish feeding in the shallows.

fishforpot
    Participant

Mil , your starting to sound like a dirty north islanders , catching snapper lol …….

Oh ,speaking of snapper … when at Kaikoura last weekend , talking to a local fisher beside us , he mentioned his brother had caught a 20lb’er off the beach there 3-4 years ago ….

He was an older guy , doing very well on the kahawai , and was releasing most of them ….and he bore no resemblence to a MUPPET lol

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.