non surf catches

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    rdeejay
    Participant

The fiery ginga

elmo22
    Participant

whitebait just got back from whitebaiting in the waimack got enough for 6 nice fresh patties not a bad day for the 2nd day of the season, there was more about yesterday mate ok 3/4lb in the same spot

yellowfin
    Participant

Thats a good effort for this early in the season. I went for a look on saturday and they seemed to be getting a few. :grin:

Miliwolf
    Participant

Do you guys prefer to use set net or the scoop nets?

yellowfin
    Participant

I’m lazy so prefer to have a set net. Throw it in and watch them swim in . :grin:

That and I’ve just never had the skillz or patience for a scoop net

elmo22
    Participant

i use a big set net and go buys down in the surf at the mouth but what i caught was way up river with the net

rdeejay
    Participant

Fished out at Kaiapoi down Raven Quay for a while yesterday, only managed a couple of mullet and lost one decent kahawai..grrr

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i fished the kaiapoi as well up by murphy park managed about 25 mullet gota alot of large bites and one decent hook up but lost it before could see what it was also caught a duck lol

fishsnatcher
    Participant

I gave my brother a cast with the fly rod last season…. he cast it right in front of a duck and it ate the big black bead head wooly bugger :oops:
    Catch and release though he waddled off fine :roll: this is his brother, he is such a traitor.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went for a kayak fish around Okiwi bay today, fished over high tide. Caught 1 gurnard.

yellowfin
    Participant

Fished the Avon on Saturday, got some good sized mullet. Seems to be a lot around now.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went for a Kayak paddle in the Kenepuru.

Was on the water shortly after 6am but I have missed dawn, perfectly calm until lunch when the sea breezed picked up.

Ended up catching two sevengillers and a few Kahawai. The gillers seem much more docile in the sounds then on the coast.

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

What size were the 7’s Mili?

Miliwolf
    Participant

One was quite small, maybe 10lb… The other was decent size but not big, I guess it would of been around 30lb maybe a touch more.

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Awesome eating if you have never tried them, I recommend it!

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.