non surf catches

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

on this topic of latest non surfcasting catches i was cheaning some of my gear this afternoon and managed to catch my finger pulled away as a reaction and then got a hook in my ankle luckily not past the barb lol.

Yakkaman
    Participant

get in closer to the Island seems to be more structure there, definately anchor otherwise you will get snagged, burley down about 1 meter from bottom.It’s about 13m deep around there.

Yakkaman
    Participant

The fiery ginga

yellowfin
    Participant

yea but i want to keep my finger and my ankle lol

elmo22
    Participant

thanks yakkaman will do that next time, what sort of burly ? do i put it in a burly pot and send it to the bottom or is there a trick to it

Yakkaman
    Participant

A pot, old onion bag etc I drop it about 1m from the bottom normally with a wieght further down to hold on bottom and a float(bouy or 2ltr milk container) fish towards it so the current brings burley trail to you.

This way you get them up to feed and you don;t get snags if your sinker is off the reef when drifting of anchored this way you can work 2 rods at a time.

Let me know when you go again will be keen to have a fish.

I use fish guts, frames,fish heads old bait anything smelly mince it and mix with bread crumbs to bind freeze and away we goooooooooo.

elmo22
    Participant

thanks will let u know when i go again, next calm week end may be

Yakkaman
    Participant

elmo22

yellowfin
    Participant

My first ever piranha! :P

Yakkaman
    Participant

Be careful thats a man eater, :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

taken my fishing rod to work a few times lately as painting tha avon rowing club at kerrs reach managed to get 12 mullet and 3 trout so far they were caught thurs fri and monday . so just something a lil different to add to a days work at lunch only got a hour and half fishing though in the 3 days :(

rdeejay
    Participant

Hey which spot by kerrs reach? i live on avonside drive across from the walkbridge, i typically fish the section that runs off the main part of the river.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Two juicy butterfish from Port Underwood. Visbility was good for the port.

Miliwolf
    Participant

5 more butters and a pile of Paua from the Port today. I love the good visibility.

yellowfin
    Participant

it was actually kerrs reach where the rowing club is it was directly in front of it

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.