non surf catches

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    troutfishernz
    Participant

Heaps of kahawai at Orari mouth this morning, Big massive black patch of fish moved though and just about everyone was hooked up at the same time.

troutfishernz
    Participant

fished Rangitata mouth today 3 good sized yellowbelly flounder plus a kahawai of 5lb

troutfishernz
    Participant

good kahawai fishing at the Rangitata mouth today caught half a dozen or so plus lost heaps all on Trout gear. Salmon fishing was very slow only seen one caught.

troutfishernz
    Participant

13 flounders plus about 30 mullet between me and a mate at the Rangitata this afternoon caught on softbait.

troutfishernz
    Participant

got 1 Yellowbelly flounder on shrimp at caroline bay this afternoon, few other bites but nothing much doing loads of small mullet around.

shark slayer
    Participant

been doing well on the flounder there troutfisher.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Yeah seems to be heaps of yellowbellies around this year especially at the Rangitata whereas last year it was mostly freshwater black flounders.

troutfishernz
    Participant

back down to caroline bay this evening, 3 flounders a few wrasse and big spotties plus lost a kahawai all on shrimp.

shark slayer
    Participant

how are you rigging the shrimp troutfisher?and raw or cooked?have tried baitfishing for flounder with limited success..have only ever had one (sole)at conway flat on cooked prawn while retrieving(fluke).

troutfishernz
    Participant

just the small cooked ones in the blue bag, pams ones I think.
    normally just have a sinker at the bottom of the rig then two droppers above with size 6 hooks and another sinker above a swivel on the leader.
    if you retrieve slowly quite often the flounders will grab the bait as they are attracted as it kicks up sand etc.

troutfishernz
    Participant

11 flounders between me a mate at Caroline bay this evening.

shark slayer
    Participant

caught a monster 37lb Canterbury kingi..got it on 10lb braid and my t curve 5_10kg salmon rod..it would just hold up a nd refuse to move and everyone I got it to move it would go on massive powerful runs.. my rod snapped mid fight but still landed it..fight lasted 25/30 minutes..awesome fun

shark slayer
    Participant

shark slayer
    Participant

shark slayer
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.