non surf catches

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    smokin’ joe
    Participant

troutfishernz

yellowfin
    Participant

Two nice 35-40 cm flounder yesterday in the upper lyttleton bays

shark slayer
    Participant

on the rod ginga?

yellowfin
    Participant

Flounders on the pud

troutfishernz
    Participant

Went down the Opihi mouth for an hour or so this afternoon, lagoon was full of mullet but not a lot else around.

troutfishernz
    Participant

went down the Opihi mouth this morning, No sign of any Trout but got a 6lb Kahawai on a softbait.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Got 1 flounder at opihi this morning, No sign of any searuns

Anonymous
    Inactive

Brilliant weather again, sleep in so got to Okiwi at 9am. Was soon paddling towards the outer points. Instead of heading towards the Mussel farms which were producing last weekend I decided to make the effort and check out the Island for the first time.

Was feeling a bit tired when i got there, drifted around for a while flicking a softbait but only caught blues. Paddled around to the other side of Island and anchored in close but nothing. So moved out deeper, chopped up a bonito tuna I have for bait and put the remains in the burley pot. Took a short while but soon had the first pannie on board, most of them were quite small so got released. Caught around 8 in total before my slipping anchor blew me off the spot and I started to catch doggies.

shark slayer
    Participant

hmmm repeating old posts and writing random gibberish…drug addicts on the forum again :lol:

troutfishernz
    Participant

Went down to opihi mouth this afternoon, very long narrow channel, no sign of any searuns only got 1 flounder. surf was filthy.

troutfishernz
    Participant

fished the Rangitata mouth this afternoon got a 6lb kahawai on trout gear in the surf. massive schools of kahawai about 300-400m offshore but only the odd one in closer.

troutfishernz
    Participant

heaps of kahawai at Rangitata mouth today, biggest about 6lb, mate also got a massive flounder.

troutfishernz
    Participant

went down to Opihi mouth for a look today, mouth is way to the north and the channel is very long and narrow. got 1 kahawai about 4.5lb in the surf on the trout rod. no salmon taken.

troutfishernz
    Participant

called into Orari mouth today for a look, didnt see any salmon caught but apparently there was 1 small one taken in the surf, lagoon was full of mullet but nothing else.

troutfishernz
    Participant

went back down to Orari mouth this morning, only got 2 flounders, heaps of searuns smashing mullet but hard to catch.

Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.