non surf catches

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Yea loads of couttas there too destroying livies

shark slayer
    Participant

and stealing my ticers.. :razz:

yellowfin
    Participant

Got my limit bag of salmon at the rangi mouth caught 12lb at sunrise in surf and 16lb about an hour ago.
    No im not putting them on the board :P

burkefish
    Participant

great well done, looks like they are arriving. some caught in the surf at the Hurunui. time to put the effort in.

yellowfin
    Participant

Haard!

troutfishernz
    Participant

Got 1 large Flounder at Opihi mouth this evening. Pretty quiet for Salmon though.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Night fishing at the Selwyn produced a few good fish including this big fella:

troutfishernz
    Participant

Got 2 Flounder at Opihi mouth this morning plus released a foul hooked Salmon around 10lb which was hooked on Trout gear.

troutfishernz
    Participant

In Dunedin for work this week and got today off so went down the Tairei river near Henley this morning for fish, Got there about 10 and was hooking Perch every second cast landed about 15 plus lost half a dozen or so, Most where about 2lb but got a couple about 4lb,easterly wind got up about lunch time and the fishing went dead.

shark slayer
    Participant

nice relaxing evening fish yesterday..4 sea runs and a perch between me and a,mate..all released

troutfishernz
    Participant

Got 2 good sized Flounders at Opihi mouth this morning. Only saw 1 Salmon caught, Need a fresh to get the fish moving.`

Miliwolf
    Participant

Caught a Kingie (Rat) in QC sounds Thursday night. My first caught in the sounds.

Awesome weather up here, spent the day paddling around Port Underwood for approximately 21km. Along the coast was picking up a few Kahawai and Coutta trolling. Tried a couple of different ideas and eventually found where the Kingies were hiding. Had somewhere between 3 and 7 follows. A few times I did not get a confirmed ID but fairly certain they were kings… unfortunately none of them actually strike, and they all seemed undersized.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Got 2 flounders at the Opihi today. not much else around didn’t see any Trout or Salmon or Kahawai.

smokin’ joe
    Participant

troutfishernz

troutfishernz
    Participant

Yeah the mouth is fully open, looked real good today but just no Fish around.
    Not sure if your aware of this site but its very handy to check if the mouth is open.
    http://ecan.govt.nz/SERVICES/ONLINE-SER … teNo=69603

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.