non surf catches

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Perch lol salt water creek by the rowing club right off the main road bridge is full of perch fish them out pesky bastards

troutfishernz
    Participant

Good eating Perch. Not sure id eat anything out of Saltwater creek though.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yep thats the way. They were good for making cat food out of thru the berley mincer

troutfishernz
    Participant

Tried fishing at Saltwater creek by the rowing club this morning Rig_slasher. No sign of any fish.water was really low though so maybe that had something to do with the lack of fish.

yellowfin
    Participant

Possibly i fish there with a spinner veltic or mepps
    Small single hook and close to the bottom quick retreive
    High tide walk to finfld the fish along the walking track
    They follow food

yellowfin
    Participant

Also take a couple 99c cans of cat food and makem cm to you

troutfishernz
    Participant

Heaps of Kahawai at Opihi mouth, getting strikes and hookups every 2nd cast. Biggest 62cm long

yellowfin
    Participant

62cm ! Wowww

Miliwolf
    Participant

Went down to Kaikoura this morning, drifted through the work ups and caught plenty of large Kahawai and two Rat Kingfish. Deep down was quite a few snakes also. A school of 7-8 Rats chased a lure right to my kayak where I saw one grab the lure and the rest zoomed off underneath. Was fun until the southerly hit.

<a href="“>

Miliwolf
    Participant

troutfishernz

shark slayer
    Participant

awesome catch mili…it would have been going off after those northwesters..went up last week and got plagued by kahawai..heaps of cuda aswel..are those kingis a first for you?hard to tell frpm the photo but that one looks around 50-60cm?

Miliwolf
    Participant

Have speared them before, but first caught on a rod. They would of been around 50cm, so a bit smaller then the typical Kahawai I was also catching. Try and wind in your lure as quickly as possible, try and out speed the Kahawai and it should give the Rats a chance to grab the lure.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yea Ss was insane there had been southerly for a few days which pushed them out then they were back in massive massive numbers on both sides too which was good , along with mili another mate got two kings the day before

shark slayer
    Participant

well done on the milestone then mili a first kingi of any size is a big acheivement especialy in the south..im gonna head up next good weather break and chuck out livies…i had a feeling i should have last week there was just something about the workups that seemed different than usual..just way more intense and i saw a few kahawai leap out of the water as if being chased that was a few days before you guys were dowm there tho..kingis and thresher sharks haunt my dreams haha would be nice to cross one off the list. :grin:

Miliwolf
    Participant

The snakes could make short work of any live baits you send out.

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.