non surf catches

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    elmo22
    Participant

when are you coming back milwolf and were in the world are you..hope all is well with your trip..

yellowfin
    Participant
    troutfishernz
    Participant

Couple of Flounder caught on Softbaits at the Opihi mouth today. One around 40cm and the other 35cm

shark slayer
    Participant

awesome catch trout fisher,i have wanted to catch a flounder on softies for ages but have only tried once or twice and had no luck,have been to lazy to persivere,i tried 3 and 4 inch grub tails and the lift drop retreive technique,what softbaits and techniques have been working for you mate,you obviously have it down.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Thanks Shark slayer. I use 3 inch gulp minnows on 1/6oz Jigheads and reel them in really slowly dragging the Softbait across the bottom,every time I feel a bump I lift the rod and if its a flounder it normally grabs the Softbait just as you lift the rod. Unlike when using Lures with the Softbaits the flounder are actually hooked in the mouth both yesterdays fish had completely swallowed the softbait right down.

yellowfin
    Participant

nice on the flounders ill have to try that when im out there 4 sea runners at the mouth out there last night was a good night

Miliwolf
    Participant

What time of day did you catch them troutfishernz?

troutfishernz
    Participant

Mid afternoon on the incoming tide.

troutfishernz
    Participant

jezdw

Miliwolf
    Participant

Tried for a hour or so tonight to catch one on the lure, but nothing.

troutfishernz
    Participant

Heaps of Kahawai at the Opihi Mouth today, Caught 6 kept 3 and lost half a dozen or so.

yellowfin
    Participant

Thats wicked
    Gunna go have a go at them.
    How long does it take to walk to the south side from the end of the road

troutfishernz
    Participant

About 20 minutes.

yellowfin
    Participant

Are you going out there in this nor west Hayden?

troutfishernz
    Participant

Nah. I Haven’t seen the sea but its probably a bit discolored close in with the Norwester and the Kahawai only seem to like really clean water.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.