non surf catches

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 327 total)
  • Author
    shark slayer
    Participant

are they mouth hooking or foul hooked??cheers

troutfishernz
    Participant

A bit of both really but with smaller lures say around 7-10g they are mostly hooked in the mouth.

elmo22
    Participant

went to kiakoura on firday afternoon got up were i go about 5.30 launched boat and went and set 2 craypots and then out fishing got 3 blue cod 2 sea perch up saturday and checked pots nothing,went out fishing 5hrs in boat got 5 blue cod 6sea perch 1 large moki (57cm) put up a good fight i thought that i had a big doggie 1 tarakihi went back in and had lunch,went back out 5pm and got 3 blue and 2 sea perch,rebaited cray pot..out sunday morning no crays out fishing got 5 blue cod and 6 sea perch and got 1 large shark it was about 6-7ft long about 1/2 length of my boat played it for about 15 mintues was not going to get it in my boat so didnt know how i was going to let it go, lucky for me on another run the trace broke and swam away was great to catcha fish that big, was the 1st big shark i have caught and got in, also got an octpuss and got it in the boat, was bloody hard to get out of boat as it suckers would stick to boat got it out after a while,packed up and came home got back to chch at 3.30pm. was a good weekend with good fish caught

gunnercoops
    Participant

went to have a look for a perch on forsyth today, which turned into a disaster as the dog jumped into what looked like scum, but think was algae bloom…which is not good for dogs..abandoned trip….all looked really shallow though on the road side..might need a few tips Mr Sharkslayer is you would be so kind. Dog is still alive so maybe was just scummy stuff…was greenish colour.

shark slayer
    Participant

that silly pooch of mine drank water from there and fell in goofing around and he is still kicking haha…hmmm share my secrets??a lot of people have been showing up at my fishing locations after reading my posts lately…but f@#k it gunner you need some snaperch mate!look for a long stretch of broken rocks leading into deep water about halfway between birdlings an the little river pub..step 1..get a 7gm zed spinner..they are the best perch catchers i have found..step 2..cast out 20-40m let it drop for a few seconds and slowly retreive just fast enough that your tip wobbles from the action of your spinner..you will catch alot on the drop…step 3..land your snaperch fillet the bugger and cook it..dont get all gordon ramsay about it they taste best pan fried at high temp for a min or two each side..bang on some salt..enjoy :)

gunnercoops
    Participant

that was bloody decent of you SS, a vague idea would have been great! But that is excellent, used to fish for perch in the UK so will be something of a blast from the past for me! Used to always look for reed beds etc, which is where i headed first off before mutt went for a swim! Will give it a chance for the algae to clear before going back down…thanks again.

smokin’ joe
    Participant

a wee moki caught at the favourite reef of the moment.

“>

troutfishernz
    Participant

Fished the lower Waimea river this afternoon, got 1 big mullet just under 33cm. plus lost a Smallish Trout.

elmo22
    Participant

any ky about at the whymac mouth

yellowfin
    Participant

i belioeve so, a mate got one today at least lol i wouldnt mind one or two for bait for my next kaikoura trip!

fishforpot
    Participant

Any salmon at the mac ? I wouldnt mind one for bait …do kahawai hit salmon ?

Mud fish ewwwwwww lol

Duckman
    Participant

elmo22

Duckman
    Participant

Dante with his 5.2lb ky from the waimac :grin:

Uploaded with [url=http://imageshack.us:nt1zzst4]ImageShack.us”>

Uploaded with [url=http://imageshack.us:nt1zzst4]ImageShack.us

gunnercoops
    Participant

awesome KY fella…wish I could catch one!

elmo22
    Participant

great fish the young fellow can i lend him to catch me some ky lol

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 327 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.