Non return sliding clips .

Posted By fishforpot On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 22 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  fishforpot 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author

smells like fish
    Participant

na didnt see it on tv.My closest beach has a slow gradient and is usually at least 150m of waves it is shallow unless you get out the back.So i usually fish further away beaches so hence wanting to cast along way.I can cast 60-80m at a guess so been looking at options ,will see how it goes.

fishforpot
    Participant

?? I fished a few times last year with a cannon ….237mtrs was the last cast ….ended up foul hooking a dolphin lmao ..

The trigger is the key …less efficient the trigger the higher the air pressure needed for serious distance .

We havent got the best trigger , so needed 160psi for that cast , may have even been 180….takes some effort with a hand pump .

With a good trigger we’d get that distance with half that pressure

Using an old 3Kg LPG bottle for the chamber

yellowfin
    Participant

Was similar thing on discovery channel a while ago, they made bullets with the trace sinker etc and all made with minced up fish etc

smells like fish
    Participant

fishforpot

fishforpot
    Participant

A mate of mine made it from scratch …fairly clever mofo …

You can check it out sometime if you like ….pretty basic ..

smells like fish
    Participant

great,hey have you posted a photo of it on this forum?

smells like fish
    Participant

yes it seems the best trigger is a modified sprinkler valve,you take out the solenoid and replace it with a air gun trigger.Its apparently 10 times more efficient than a ball valve so less pressure is needed.good for 300 350 m with a 7-10 oz weight.

fishforpot
    Participant

Im not completely up to speed with the sprinkler valve idea ..

PM me your email addy and I will flick you a pic of the cannon …finally managed to drag it from the mates garage and take one .

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members