Non return sliding clips .

Posted By fishforpot On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 22 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  fishforpot 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

fishforpot
    Participant

Some of you would have read of the compressed air cannon an engineer mate of mine and I have been working on ……it’s still a work in progress – we have managed 230-240 casts with a single bait , but have plenty of scope for improvement ….

Have any of you guys tried the non return sliding clip ? …

You cast out your sinker – allows for longer casts …..and clip on the non return device which goes only one way ..out !

Awesome idea for live baiting ….the bait can swim towards a stopper above your sinker , and no futher , it cant come backwards ….and will simply swim round and round waiting to be eaten lol ..

We intend using the NRC with the cannon …..and see what large specimens are sitting around 300mtrs off shore …. I know the larger schoolies sit 3-400 mtrs off Baileys during the day …will be interesting to see what lurks out that distance up Kaikoura …. will be able to send live kahawai out just as easily .

Ive tried live baiting on the bottom a few times ..and had some exciting results

These next 5-6 months are going to be a long wait ….

kaituna ian
    Participant

You certainly are putting the hard yards in ,good luck fishforpot ,oh and make sure you patent your fishing cannon could be the next big thing !!!

shark slayer
    Participant

i have used non return sliders and yeap they are very good and easy to setup..have some big plans for them myself this year..the problem with sending out kahawai with that setup is when they hit the stopper kahawai have enough power to pull out your breakout sinker and it wont stay setup properly and will probably tangle..a small kahawai or a big mullet would be the go..when you cast out you wait fora while for your breakout to really settle before you tension the line…i cant wait for the new season to start have been gearing up hard and got some big goals.. :)

Miliwolf
    Participant

For uncoordinated people like me the non return clips are a nightmare to attach. It looks so simple, and it is, but its amazing how many wrong ways one can wrap the line around the spirals.

elmo22
    Participant

good to see you back milwolf,how was your trip

Miliwolf
    Participant

Trip was good fun for the most part, but exhausting. Visited 13 countries over two and half months.

Missed my fishing and my kayaking.

elmo22
    Participant

hell you did see the world, did you buy much fishing gear

fishforpot
    Participant

How about you mo fo’s hijack someone elses thread ? ……

Just kiddin ……… did you catch any whacky fish in your travels ?? pics ?????????

I went to DeUrville Island once .. so jealous lol

Miliwolf
    Participant

Nah, the fishing stores suck over there. In fact I failed to find much in the way of fishing tackle at all. In Rome I visited a large sporting good store comparable to Rebel Sports and they had a rather typical selection…. and that that was the only fishing tackle I remember. I did have big plans to visit the fishing stores in Singapore on the way home, but a combination of being sick (cold), being awake for nearly 24 hours, 30+ degree temperatures and a smokey atmosphere forced me back to the airport to find a place to sleep. So I did not get to explore Singapore’s famed fishing stores.

In Vietnam I saw the Owner Hook factory out the window of a bus. It was basically located in the middle of a slum.

Did no fishing, while in Nha Trang, Vietnam I had the option to go on a fishing charter, but I decided to go Snorkeling instead. Even in the marine protected area where the snorkeling took place I saw nothing larger then 20cm…..

The largest fish I saw on my trip was on my second to last day in Amsterdam, a fairly large school of probably trout were chasing Baitfish against the side of a canal.

shark slayer
    Participant

hahahaha….weve got us a special one guys…stop speaking honestly mili…. :lol:

smells like fish
    Participant

can you send out dead bait and use gravity ie the angle on your line to get your bait to the stopper?

yellowfin
    Participant

Yes and large cut baits etc anything you can think off really takes quite a work out to get it out there raising an dropping the top of your rod constantly until
    You “think” it’s at the stopper

smells like fish
    Participant

thanks,I thought that must have been the case,am making a launcher as well but will include the (weight,bait,trace and hook) in the missile in ice

fishforpot
    Participant

Cant be fagged checking to see if Ive already posted this , but

Make the sinker the cup ….bolt the lead on the bottom of the pvc cup , and make sure the cup is a nice tight fit in the barrel

Seemless barrel is a must .. also , google “sabbot”

The bait comes out of the barrel at full speed , protected by the cup …so no real stress on it .

Dont waste time with hairspray etc …compressed air kicks arse

yellowfin
    Participant

Smells like fish you saw that on telly didn’t you ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members