Nape Nape Contest – South Island Surfcasting Champs

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    elmo22
    Participant

my wife says”she will see you lot at prize giving when she gets her prizes” lol

yellowfin
    Participant

lol well u tell ur wuife that i will see her as im walking off the stage with my first prize and 2nd 3rd u can have 4th

elmo22
    Participant

what you get at amberely lol she looks forward to the challange

yellowfin
    Participant

cleaned up at amberley lol i caught like 60 fish but they were all disallowed cause i did not physically catch them i was asleep so they may not have been real

yellowfin
    Participant

Still not sure if I’ll go, If the weather is looking really good I might. I still gotta get my car fixed as well. It lost power on the main road coming back from Rangitata the other day, and continued to go at 50k untill just before the Ashburton river bridge where the engine stopped, lucky it didn’t stop on the bridge.

yellowfin
    Participant

oh thats gotta suck any idea what was wrong with it?

yellowfin
    Participant

A friend said it’s probably the Alternator. But then again, we left the car and walked to a friends house to get some petrol, came back and put some in, and it started and drove home, then stopped and wouldn’t start again until battery was charged. Could be Battery, Alternator, or some other thing, hopefully not anything too serious.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i had a problem like that with my subaru i had and it turned out to be the feul filter 500 bucks later is was running

yellowfin
    Participant

Anyone got more details about the comp? Like what time you have to register by and what time it starts/ends. Also entry price and rods allowed per person?

yellowfin
    Participant

yea im keen to know as well id say its one entry per rod as most are and lat year registration was from 7 and it started at 10

yellowfin
    Participant

Think high tide is at 10, so I suppose competition will be on the outgoing tide.

Edit: High tide is actually at 11.40.

yellowfin
    Participant

yes and currently lookin to bea 1.8m swell with a sw wind

PierMaster
    Participant

You get a section of area to fish u fish in between flags, when u register u get to choose or given a section of the beach to fish, so get there early to get a good spot pretty much.
    I think it is $20 to enter 1 rod per angler so if u pay twice im sure u can fish 2 rods and so on…
    not too sure bout the registration time but will find out some time during the week

yellowfin
    Participant

oh then sounds good re the flags does that mean no one else canfish your spot? im also trying t find out what time

elmo22
    Participant

the wife got a flyer in the post before xmas about the comp(cause she a winner) adults $20.00 child $10.00..fishing time 10am–3pm. 1st prize $750, 2nd $200, 3rd $50 extra prizes up to $2500. no prior tickets sales before 7am at the beach.. lions contact john fairley 03 3198944. .. hope the weather is good, but the weather tonight is not looking good.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.