Nape Nape Contest – South Island Surfcasting Champs

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    yellowfin
    Participant

Same here. I’ll keep checking the conditions I suppose, but if it looks like it’s going to be windy, or big swell, I won’t be going. Just not worth going all that way, although I could still fish somewhere else on the way back. Might actually check out Birdlings Flat this weekend, if the weather’s alright.

yellowfin
    Participant

at this stage im 50/50 was talking to shark_take and jones_jr on sunday about it so yea it is a fair drive especially off the mnain road and is easyto get lost so gotta make sure u follow the signs etc

yellowfin
    Participant

How long is the drive from Christchurch to Nape Nape?

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Miliwolf

PierMaster
    Participant

just over an hour drive i think its another 20km drive from the main highway , me and my mates are getting a heap of burley ready to bring in all the fish :) (hopefully) i was there 2 years back and the guy that won it threw in heaps of burley and ended up catching 10+ conger eels, didnt fish it last year tho

yellowfin
    Participant

ahhhh a good hour or more the beach is about 20km off the main road and alot of that road is gravel from memory so if you were commin from ashburton unl;ess u wanted to leave at like 630 or earlier to get there at 9 id cme up the night before

yellowfin
    Participant

yea you will get to one intersection off the main road that its very easy to take the wrong way you go to the right not the left cant remember howfar up the road it is though

yellowfin
    Participant

btw piermaster you dont have alittle brother by anychance do you?

elmo22
    Participant

i went last year and the wife got 9th she won a boat rod,got a dogfish. other years we go ok normaly get skates,dog fish,ky,so hope our luck continues

yellowfin
    Participant

yea could be good lol then again no point in havin a boat rod if you dont gota boat lol

yellowfin
    Participant

zac

yellowfin
    Participant

The fiery ginga

yellowfin
    Participant

nah the one that you mentioned was the one i think if u take the wong one u end up at the mouth which u cant really get down too overly easy so ya go right thik you nd i are on the same page danny

HookLineSinker
    Participant

The roads are; From state highway 1, take stonyhurst road onto blythe road follow this till you get to the 135 degree corner which is the turn off onto napenape road take this to the beach, (and if you do happen to continue on stonyhurst you’ll end up doing a big circuit, as long though if you turn onto limestone road from here you’ll endup back on blythe road which will take you to where you need to be dont know how long this circuit and wrong turn takes though as i took it for only a few minutes before i realised i went the wrong way.)

yellowfin
    Participant

yea i was trying to remember the road names as i used to head up that way EVERY weekend not so muchto nape nape but to the deans farm which is alone stoneyhurst road called kilmarnock my 2nd cousins used to manage it when the eans were away for a few years. but never really went to nape nape that much

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.