Mullet fishing: Some questions by a brazilian guy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas Norie
    Participant

Sorry people, my english is not good yet, I’m here for 3 months and I’m learning! Anyway, my family and I love fishing, and I was thinking about have some mullet fishing with my family. I have one little sister and one little brother. I heard that mullet fishing, like all the baits fishing, is funny especcially for kids. Is it true? If so, where would be a good place for us? We live in Christchurch…

I’d be very happy if you give some tips of bait, materials and techniques. I’m going to ‘The complete angler” today to talk about that, but I would like other opinions too.

Thanks a lot for your attention

yellowfin
    Participant

annnnn well alot of locations hav mullet my fav place is kaiapoi river where during summer you can easilly catch over 100 a day. releasing them of course noone needs to keep100mullet lol. i use hooks usually from 3/0 or smaller some peeps dont agree with me using hooks 3/0 but it works for me at times lol…. they will take any bait but my personal favs are bonito mackeral or pilchard fished on a 3 hook ledger rig. the guys at complete angler will certianly help ya . i udnno what time ur going or if hes working but ask for a guythere called steve weather he works the shop or not he could help explain my method more mayb. and prob put u onto he gears you need

Nicolas Norie
    Participant

Thanks Fiery
    The guys at the complete angler recomended us the same and we’re gonna give a goal!

yellowfin
    Participant

sweet as mate..ive fished the kaiapoi so many times so it just comes natural to me there

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.