mono

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    oldgreyboy
    Participant

i have four reels to respool for spring its a bit dear buying four 250 mtr spools anyone know a good deal on a 1000 mtr spool of 25 lb mon please thanks

PierMaster
    Participant

depends how much money you want to spend?

rdeejay
    Participant

In other words how long is a piece of string, there are so many factors to take into consideration when it comes to mono.
    But from what i’ve found the better the brand the smaller the diameter of mono per breaking strain(line strength) = more line and easier for knot tying etc

yellowfin
    Participant

and yes as andrew (pier master) said depends how much you want to spend. i got for good abrasion resistance and small diameter to weight and usually about 20-30 bucks per 300-500m spool

PierMaster
    Participant

you can get some good ultima 1/2KG spools on ebay from the u.k good value for money and good quality

HookLineSinker
    Participant

Blackmagic spools are fine in the 8kg range and have good amount on them too.

yellowfin
    Participant

yea try ebay or trade me and buy it in bulk . some sufix lines arent too bad or even some forign made ones on trade me arent but they are about 20 or 30+ for 500m

yellowfin
    Participant

I really like the suffix range of lines, I get some 27lb stuff for most of my fishing.

Try http://www.cabelas.com

Can get some really good deals on there at times and the dollar is good against the US at the moment.
    I managed to get a couple of spools of braid for a 3rd of what it was going to cost me here.

rdeejay
    Participant

as vip_yo mentioned don’t be afraid to look abroad at the moment our $ against the greenback is pretty good so can get some cheap deals. I ordered something through amazon about 2 weeks ago and was half the price including postage than it would of been here.

yellowfin
    Participant

I got a 1500 meter spool of Ultima line off ebay last year can’t remember the price now. If you search around on ebay for popular brands like ultima, suffix etc you will find shops offering bulk spools and most will ship worldwide. As for cheaper unknown brands you can’t be sure of the quality although some probably come out of the same factories as the bigger brands and are fine.

oldgreyboy
    Participant

thanks all i have two rods for myself and take two ppl out with dissabilites so i will look at ebay thank you

troutfishernz
    Participant

You can buy reasonably cheap 700m spools of platypus nylon at rebal sports. Brought some myself to try out seems ok so far.

baitman
    Participant

Kmart also stock large spools of platypus nylon and it’s cheaper than rebel sports.
    I bought a large spool of 6lb for my kids rods (IMO) it’s pretty good stuff.

Miliwolf
    Participant

Also Berkley trilene big game can be gotten for a reasonable price from the warehouse. Good price if you can wait for the 40% off sales.

yellowfin
    Participant

Yesterday i bought a 2650m spool of ultima on ebay for not alot of money,.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.