Moki fishin

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 36 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

troutfishernz
    Participant

Yeah Stand corrected :oops: but still Ive never caught them in dirty water for some reason only clean :?

yellowfin
    Participant

Bwaahahaha donald searls

chchlandbased
    Participant

Went out in the dark Thursday morning. By 7:30 I had 3 good Moki, lost a monster that bust off out on the bottom, and released a couple of borderline 40cm ones. Amazing sight in the semi-darkness: as soon as my bait was put in the water big silver shapes would come up to insepect it, and retreat again to the depths. As soon as the sun hit the water, they were gone. Kept burleying but to no avail. I caught 2 greenbone however before heading home. As SS knows, I use size 8 hooks, no not 8/0! Nothing wrong with big hooks for Moki either, but my little hooks let me also catch greenbone, I use 3x strong Salmon/Steelhead s/w fly hooks, that way they hold the big fish still without straightening. Water colour doesn’t matter either I reckon, nor does swell really, but calm mornings are the bomb.

shark slayer
    Participant

nice catch mate well done.

yellowfin
    Participant

Thats wiiicked
    Cant wait to hit up the spot.
    mite head down n the morn

oompalompa
    Participant

Are the moki still out there or do they migrate or something

shark slayer
    Participant

still around…the adult population migrates north in early June…however school sized fish (25_45cm)are around all year with the odd big fish that hasn’t migrated…over Winter they change there habits and feed out deep around headlands,reefs and rocky Bays.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members