Moki fishin

Posted By yellowfin On With 0 Comments

This topic contains 36 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  yellowfin 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)
  • Author

shark slayer
    Participant

yeap he does it to me to..haha he’s a kunt..good fisherman tho he has learnt Moki off me quick..beats me at the canals everytime but talks mad trash..fuck you donnie haha you likeable a
    hole.. :grin:

crabbedoff
    Participant

that’s some funny shit haha yea Ive never had any luck when its clear mite get the od small one .but the big ones cruz the beach when it doesn’t look that favourable.
    done alright up in kaiks last tym with salted pipi well the missus did again with a 570 and 560 my two were only 380 and she only got them because I was back at the truk grabn a beer
    .she stopped a rod which pulld from the holder and headed down the beach to the waves so she deserved those two fish il keep her on….

yellowfin
    Participant

I cant catch a cold im just a padawan leaner :P
    And i loooove annoying people gregory gilbert.
    I wake up every morning wondering who i can annoy and get a bite from coz ive got no life no mrs and an annoying dog calped dozer

shark slayer
    Participant

I call water that’s not clean dirty troutfisher you get moki in brown almost black southerly churn…I wouldn’t say Moki are easy to catch either Donald they can be fickle and fish over 10 lb are as rare as hens teeth and are good at making an amateur of ya…guys who catch good numbers regularly are few most people don’t know how to get em..getting a few from kaikoura dosnt make an expert.getting them off the rocks aswell as many locations along the coast is a real good challenge
    I hooked one off the rocks a few Weeks ago over 10 lb and it took me to the cleaners..and donnie catches fish alright.

shark slayer
    Participant

dont put that one back crabbed off haha..did I mention donnie is an arsehole..?!!love you dickhead haha :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

No you dont …

crabbedoff
    Participant

has anyone fished magnet bay when calm with any luck I tried tumbldown bay last weekend but just got wrasse and cod

shark slayer
    Participant

a few cod is all good…heaps of wrasse at magnet..plagues of them…early morning there is a clear spot with a shingle bottom strait off the beach as you walk down sorrounded by foul that’s worth a shot for moki..you have to fish it from a rock..never tried myself but looks good.

yellowfin
    Participant

You could fish it in clear dirty water eh trout fisher?

yellowfin
    Participant

Im going to test late arvo evening moki tonite. I have a variatable arsenal of prawns shrimp and mussels 6/0s and today im hoping for a keeper

troutfishernz
    Participant

Perfect time to prove that ya get moki in rough condition’s with this southerly, ill stand corrected if you catch one this evening Rig_slasher :)

Duckman
    Participant

6/0’s too big 4/0-3/0 would be a better size but hey it’s you so good luck :lol:

yellowfin
    Participant

Moki will bite in dirty water, I fished whalewatch one day the water was filthy like I mean filthy ( picture taking a really sloppy watery dump ) it was so brown and loads of kelp just really bad, never seen it that colour before or since, anyways I pulled a moki outta that so that’s the clean water only theory out the water lol, 6/0 wouldn’t be my first choice on hook size but would mean your targeting the horses!! Good luck Donnie

yellowfin
    Participant

Got 1 keeper 480

shark slayer
    Participant

you stand corrected troutfisher haha…did you notice sevengills had photos of two moki taken I’m the rough in the catch gallery?or you could look back through last seasons catches and find photos of the seven moki I caught in an hour in a southerly storm?or perhaps the moki and snapper in the same conditions?6/0 is not to big at all it is the perfect size and you catch all the size ranges..and still a few well under fish..I caught 75 last year on 6/0 Donald so that d
    fucks that theory..but I guess ya need some tiny moki to panfry with the tiny eles…mmmm tastes like idiot.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Members