Moeraki rumour

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Apparently….. Salmon have been reported at Moeraki. :eek:

I am waiting for the second or duplicated rumour of this before I get too excited….. :roll:

usually a little later than this down here but you never know! :wink:

Keep you posted…..

Anonymous
    Inactive

Fishy Bishy,

I was at Moeraki on January 1

There were some very large fresh fish frames on the beach behind Fleurs Place, moki , blue cod, kahawai and 3 or 4 big salmon frames

I was curious as to where the salmon came from. :shock:

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

As we are still relatively new here having just moved here in November, I will need to do a reccy down there and have a stooge around for myself. 8)
    Salmon are evidently caught from the rocks (not sure yet which rocks but I assume the boulders are not part of this equation) and Pilchards under a float like they use in Otago Harbour (and used to use in the bloody Waimak until two grandads spoilt that!) seem to be the accepted method for both anglers and Salmon alike. :D

I hear it can be quite a mission on a day where the wind and tide are all onshore.

Watch this space, so many options down here, not sure which to hit first.

Mal
    Participant

Yes I can confirm 3 fish caught trolling outside the Shag Point boat ramp 10 days ago.9,10 and 14lb

Fishy Bishy
    Participant

Cheers Mal, Must drop by and touch base, I think we have spoken before….? About the place by the garage?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.